Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts and ideas on a damaged screen please?

Jeff (or)

I was looking at a Xterra 70 for sale and it looked to be in very nice condition.....except the screen had a small scuff and a fair sized ding. I tested the detector out and it worked like new, but the ding on the screen bugged me. What I am wondering is if anyone one here has dealt with this same problem. Such as sending the unit in for repair, where to send in, turn around time, and of course, the cost of the repair. Or should I just ignore the ding and use it as is? I appreciate your help. Jeff

All I see is the ding when I look at one with that type of damage. Call Minelab or Kelly co and see which one can repair it..

KellyCo is the Minelab repair facility. Call them.
It's about $100 to fix. $50 for the part, and $50 for labor. Turn around time depends on seasonal demands, but it's still usually not more than a couple of weeks.

FWIW, I have a ding in my Explorer SE screen. It's been there for years, and since it doesn't effect the function in any way I just ignore it. If it messed with the display at all I'd fix it, but it doesn't, so I won't.