Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts from a new SE user.....

I have at least till now found that in the high trashy (iron) areas I hunt, I prefer IM at 29 in the ferrous settings. To me I rather hear the low sounds than the threshold nulling all the time. When I get a high tone with those settings I switch to Conduct and listen as well to see if it has the "fluty" sound and train my ears for it.
As I said for now that is what seems to be the best for me but as time goes on it will be subject to change.
I have done a lot of reading and watching video's prior to getting my SE and I appreciate everyones help and time in posting the informative information.
I have been detecting for several years and finally was able to get me an Explorer and I love this machine!! :minelab: :detecting:

Iron doesnt seem to stick when it hits like it does on Cond.... but everyone seems to think they got licked by switching to Ferr. What happens yes you hear big iron as a low tone, but then it swithes anything rusty to the lower right corner somewhere around 00 09 to 0013. Thats still a high tone. Its almost as bad as high tone in Cond... but then i seem to hear only about 4 tones and it moves can swread to a tone much like other detectors ive used. When i use Ferr, which is mostly in the fields, It narrows the amount of tones but i still get Hot rock because of the rust/iron in them. I also noticed like you a disc setting just above minerals seems to run a smooth threshold better than Cond and allows the cursor to move quicker. Either way you set it Ferr or Cond that darn rust at the bottom of the screen sounds off.... unless you disc it out. I havent tried that. Ferr is a very useful setting in the right condition, but im just not a fan using all the time. But then thats me. Let us know how its working. Im expecially interested in your depth and number of silver finds. I know the Cond digital reading are more accurate so when checking i watch those for deep targets and disregard the Ferr numbers for the most part. In the field Ferr is great for picking up copper and is HOT on IHs.

Dew