Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts on 11" Widescan and 10.5" coils?

GaryF

Hey folks.

Picked up a 11" Widescan and 10.5 Concentric for my Bandido. Anyone have any usage time with these coils?

Did go out hunting using the 10.5 but I have tendinitis in my right forearm and even my Vaquero has me screaming in pain
after about 15 minutes because of the weight so I couldn't truthfully appreciate what it would do. Soooooo

Would appreciate the feedback

HH
Gary

I run a 10x12 on my silver and yes it is a bit of a load,,, but I love the coverage and depth I'm getting,,,, with your condition you may want to look into a shoulder strap or something to help with the load,, HH

It's not like this all the time or I would....Can hardly pick up the coffee pot at the moment without grimacing in pain...What can ya do.

Can't believe not many people have used these coils...I tried searching for info on them but didn't come up with much.

Ah well.

HH

I have the 10.5 concentric and a 11" concentric. I've never seen the 11" listed, but it does say concentric on the label. Anyway, I've used the 10.5 off and on for a little extra coverage and depth. It gives a definitely usable, but not tremendous increase in depth and coverage. Larger coils supposedly aren't as sensitive to small targets as standard and smaller, but one place I've done pretty well with the 10.5 is follow up after a competition hunt where the targets were dimes and the signal from the 10.5 was solid, loud and clear even on several that had been in the ground and deeper than the recent plants. I haven't used the 11" much at all as I don't like the weight and most of the time I'm hunting where it's not needed, nor the best choice. However, I bought it right and have it for when it is useful. Hope this is helpful
BB.

I've used the 11" but it got old fast (just like me).Too front heavy for my taste .I can swing a uMax with a 7" all day without having to suffer .

I just figured the 11" Double-D would be good for fields and such. The 10.5 on the Bandido didn't seem to imbalance it very much but did add weight.

Was thinking about putting the Bandido on one of the straight shafts I've seen and moving the box back up under the arm cuff to distribute
the weight a tad better. Has anyone ever remounted one of the older bigger non umax detectors this way? I mean I really don't care to use the chest strap
or put it on my belt. I did that with an old Garrett GTA 1000 and it was a PITA. (pain in the a..)

Thanks
Gary

Gary

here is how I do mine. This is soooo comfortable I would never think of a straight rod.

I simply used a piece of leather I had laying around as a cushion for the big box to push onto and also to prevent the hose clamp from scratching the rod. the cushion is really not even needed.

click to see the pics

GaryF said:
Hey folks.

Picked up a 11" Widescan and 10.5 Concentric for my Bandido. Anyone have any usage time with these coils?

Did go out hunting using the 10.5 but I have tendinitis in my right forearm and even my Vaquero has me screaming in pain
after about 15 minutes because of the weight so I couldn't truthfully appreciate what it would do. Soooooo

Would appreciate the feedback

HH
Gary

11" wide scan has more coverage per sweep than the 10.5 concentric and handles ground mineralization better. Widescan falses more than a concentric with disc at the same setting. Some users find pinpointing difficult with the widescan, I don't. Concentric has more depth and the disc function is more stable (less falsing)... pinpointing is easy.