Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts on a pinpointer.

kevinhhouse

Hi all. Waiting for my etrac to get here and am looking for thoughts on a new pinpointer. What is everyone's recomendations?

Garrett Pro Pointer AT - with Woven Belt Holster, Proportional Audio/Vibration, 11.5 kHz Operating Frequency, Submersible to 10 feet (IP 68 Certified), 30 Hour 9V Alkaline Battery Life, Two Year Warranty.

Deteknix X-Pointer - with Woven Belt Holster, Bright LED light, 95 kHz Operating Frequency, Water-resistant, 20-30 Hour 9V Alkaline Battery Life, One Year Warranty.

Makro Pinpointer - with 2 Hard-Shell Cases, Belt Holster, Finds Bag, Carrying Case, Proportional Audio/Vibration, 11.6 kHz Operating Frequency, Submersible to 3 feet (IP 67 Certified), 30 Hour 9V Alkaline Battery Life, Two Year Warranty.

Minelab Pro-Find 25 - with Woven Belt Holster, Proportional Audio/Vibration, VLF Operating Frequency, 30 Hour 9V Alkaline Battery Life, Two Year Warranty.

White Bullseye TRX - with Woven Belt Holster, Audio/Vibration, 12 kHz Operating Frequency, Submersible to 10 feet (IP 68 Certified), 20 Hour AA or 9V Alkaline Battery Life, Two Year Warranty.

Fisher F-Pulse / Teknetics Tek-Point

I’ve used all of the above and the Fisher F-Pulse / Teknetics Tek-Point bests them all. Being able to pinpoint 3-4 inches deep from the surface is a game changer.

I have both the Garrett Pro Pointer AT and just got the Fisher FPulse... The FPulse has quickly become my favorite, though both are good.

New to this hobby. Have been researching pinpointers and it seems that the Garrett Pro AT is one of the best. Have a line on a used one from a private party that he says is about 1 1/2 yrs. old. Hasn't given me a price yet. Anyway, I discovered that there are fake aftermarket ones and have read several articles on this subject but have never seen how to tell the difference between the real one and the fake one. They show pictures but never tell how to differentiate between them. I'm talking about the "Garrett Pro Pointer AT" the orange one not the black one. This fellow is trying to sell it in a package with a Minelab E-trac metal detector but said he would split them up if he hasn't gotten an offer on the package soon.

So Any help on how to tell the difference between the real one and the fake one?

Thanks for any help, shep70

There have been posts on how to tell the difference. I don't recall where I read them but you can tell by looking at the end cap. Also if you see one on ebay new for a ridiculous low price it is a Chinese knock off.

If in doubt check with Garrett.

The Garrett pinpointer 11 (2) turn on and off no adjustments ... is like the At Pinpointer (carret) in mode 2