Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts on SEF 8x6 coil in hot soil...???

dblue

I live in a area of Virginia that has some very hot soil....I mostly hunt for civil war relics with the MXT, would the sef 8x6 coil help in this type of soil ? The campsites I hunt have lots of iron trash...I have the 950 stock coil and a 5.3...any thoughts..???

I have the 12 X 15 SEF coil, friends of mine all have the 10 X 12 SEF coils and in that Hot nasty soil I feel they do pretty good as long as you dig every signal. I hunt in Relics mode with the TRIGGER FORWARD and zero Disc.
JOE in MD

JOE in MD said:
I have the 12 X 15 SEF coil, friends of mine all have the 10 X 12 SEF coils and in that Hot nasty soil I feel they do pretty good as long as you dig every signal. I hunt in Relics mode with the TRIGGER FORWARD and zero Disc.
JOE in MD

I'll second that comment - it has to be very bad for me to use the 6 x 8 and am usually happy with the 10 x 12.