Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts on T2 (green) and NEL 9.5" x 5.5" coil?

cadman_us

Anybody have the NEL Sharpshooter coil on their T2?

I just bought a used T2 green machine, really like it but, need a coil a little smaller than the 11" factory coil. The 5" is good, but, want a little more ground coverage. I wanted the SEF 8 x 6, sent an email Sunday to kellyco asking if they were going to carry it and haven't received a reply.

What are your opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

That is the exact same combination that i use,and since i bought the NEL coil it has not come off the T2 its a cracking coil,infact it found me a 70bc 1/3 Celtic gold stater last sunday,its as sharp as a laser on small target,depth i think is about the same as the stock coil,another bonus is the fact that the coil is mounted in the centre of the coil rather than at the rear and this makes it swing better.

I very rarely say how good coils are but this one is a real gem of a coil,the build quality is super,it gets a big :thumbup: from me over here in the :ukflag:

Hi. Got myself a Detech 8x6 SEF coil last week. Not been out as of yet, but should be Thursday.
I'll let ya know my thoughts. :razz:

Hawkstone said:
Hi. Got myself a Detech 8x6 SEF coil last week. Not been out as of yet, but should be Thursday.
I'll let ya know my thoughts. :razz:

I have the 8x6 SEF coil on a whites M6, it is a cracker jack of a coil. I really wanted one for the T2, but, they are hard to impossible to get in the states.

Look forward to your thoughts on how it does.

Thanks,

Joe

I like the sharpshooter....Nice size, attachment point in the middle, quieter than the factory 11" with nearly the same depth ...If I had to say somethig bad about it, the coil cover could fit better...wildherre
8694699810_2f5de48f27_o.jpg

I forgot to mention that although i dont have the SEF8x6 coil on my T2,i do use one all the time on my DFX,i did not want to duplicate and have the same coil on 2 machines,i find that they both compliment one another and can be used on different ground conditions especially when i am hunting on a roman or saxon site with alot of junk,then a smaller coil will earn it keep.

But out of the 2 coils i think the NEL Sharpshooter has the edge not only on depth and ground coverage but also has great target seperation,both coils are very good.