Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

thoughts on the gtax 1000 or the 1250

mwilliwood

Ok, thinking of trying one of the older units either the 1000 or the 1250 anyone out there had both and can give honest thought on the two?not wanting to spend alot though.Changed my mind about the cxIII .

1000 is a good coin hunter don't know about the 1250, if ya don't have much to spend, how bout the ace250?

Had thought about trying the 250, but watched a 1250 go for a good price and got me to thinking about one of them,plus have a battery pod for the ultra series that has the blastmaster circuit built in and was looking for something it would work on.

10-4, good luck on your choice, Hank

OK, let's start with your battery pack. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have "blastmaster" on it. No such thing. It would have to be PowerMaster. It has nothing to do with the pack itself, just a decal for the GTAx 1000 PM series. That pack will power all of the GTA/GTI series. The only difference in them is the decal.
Now, let me see if I can give you a rundown on the GTA/GTAx series. The GTA 1000 was the first in the line, being the Ultra model. They came equipped with the "x" coil pin configuration used on the Crossfire Coils. There are only a limited amount of coils available with this pin config. Next came the GTAx 1000 PM (PowerMaster). It supposedly had 20% more power than the 1000 Ultra and used the same Crossfire coil. Some of the first ones had the "x" pin config, but the later ones had the "M" pin config and which is used today on the Ace 150/250/350 series machines as well as the 1250 and the rest of the GTAx series. Finding one of these models would be preferable as it will give you the option of more sizes of coils to use.
Now, when the 1250 came out, it was basically a 1000PM with a few more bells and whistles and the Crossfire II coil. They redesigned the faceplate, added 2 more hunting modes and that was about it. Both are decent coinshooters and have put some nice loot in my pouch. Both are threshold based machines, something I miss on the new Ace series. I still dig them out on occasion, battery them up and let 'em hunt. The 1250 was my first ever detector and will never be sold. It's solid as a rock, never had a problem with the detector itself, although I did have one coil bite the dust.

I have a 1000 Ultra Powermaster and it works great,might not be quite as deep as some newer models but a good detector for around two hundred.I still use it as backup to my Omega.

I knew someone on here would have to had tried both!Thought about the 1350 but $$ is holding me back on that one and have seen the 1250 and 1000 go very reasonable lately so will stick with those, but THANK YOU So much for the info on the coils as that is must have info!
But As for the built in Blastmaster, it is a product that was made by Patrick electronics(Joe patrick) the idea was that any loud or strong signal will be toned down and a low sound/signal will be increased by running the volume on the detector and headphones wide open.So it is called the blast master,but This maybe a one of a kindbattery pack that Joe had made up for himself as the paper work he sent me with it shows it being a stand alone unit that plugs into the headphone jack first.Don't know if he still makes it or not?he also does the insight meters for the minelab soverigns.thanks Mark

That's a "blast" from the past. I remember those old Blastmaster switchtes on the battery packs. I never had one, but I've seen it. Yeah, nothin' to do with PowerMaster, but similar name, huh.
You can't go wrong with either the GTAx1000 or GTAx1250. I've used both and they are excellent machines. However, I would have picked th CXlll myself. Similar features plus it has the "True All Metal" with target ID and the ability to use the two box depth multiplier if so desired.
Happy Hunting!

Oh, I see, it's an aftermarket thing. I'll be interested to see if it really works if you run across the rig you're looking for. Good luck and happy hunting!!