Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshold and volume levels for beach?

Regardless of where you are, Threshold should be clearly audible over ambient noise, but not so loud that you could miss a subtle response.

Volume depends on a lot of factors. What headphones? Ambient noise level? Tinnitus?
And remember that Xterra audio is proportional. So close/large/shallow targets will be louder, and distant/small/deep targets will be quieter.

I have found out over the years that if you lower it one number lower than you like within ten minutes of hunting you will be used to it and hear it clearly. One of my friends tried it and now runs his lower. I am really hard of hearing and run mine at three or four.

I can't hear a alarm on a watch. That is how bad my hearing is but I can hear the threshold fine.

7centsworth said:
I can't hear a alarm on a watch. That is how bad my hearing is but I can hear the threshold fine.
Yep! My hearing has been seriously damaged over the years, and I typically run mine on 4.

Your headphones play a significant roll in where your Threshold will be audible. I've been wireless for years, and I run the machine's volume wide open, then control volume with the phones.