Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshold question..

A

Anonymous

When I switch from auto to manual sens I lose the threshold. Is this suppose to happen? Or is something else not set right? Still trying to figure this thing out. Appreciate all your help
Daylight

Yes it is in most cases. If your sensitivity is set at say 21 and you switch from auto to manual, chances are you treshold will become nulled out.
You can go to an open area that is metal and interference free and see if your threshold returns while holding the coil away from you and up in the air. The threshold should be there.
Also, try turning your sensitivity down to around 4 or 5 in manual and see if the threshold returns. Again, it should be there. If it isn't then you may need to have it checked out by either Minelab or someone with more time on the machine that would know what to look for.
GL/HH
PS. I get a good threshold outdoors when I set the Sensitivity as high as 28 manual.

Depending on your nanual settings and ground conditions its very normal, just need to sweep slower without a threshold.. Also remember anything disced out will cause a loss of threshold so before resetting any manual sensitivity level to try and regain it, make sure your not over targets. Generally around here unless in iron, I can run as high as 28 and at least have threshold some of the time. but I dont use any disc either. I like to know if its iron or just ground mineralization causing the nulls.. lets me know to slow down

Thanks Men, I'm slowly but surely figuring this thing out. I'm going to try for gnrs. not sure which team yet. Probably try the one with the least ammount of entries. Bet it won't be minelab! Thanks again....D.

Jim
One follow-up question for you. When you say no discrimination, I assume you mean running in iron mask.
How do you know if the lack of a threshhold is due to iron being discriminated or ground mineralization w/ the sensitivity set too high?
Thanks
Jim in MN

Well, usually I am running iron mask around -10 so I am hearing iron falses when in high iron, and if its intermittant nulling I know its iron. Most times if its mineralization then the threshold is nulling everywhere at the site, and I can switch to auto it generally returns if its not iron, then I back off the threshold to around 22, I might not still get a threshold, but thats about as low as I hunt in manual because of mineralization, just hunt a bit slower..not too many areas here I null because of mineralization though..did get it in virginia red soil, but that might have been iron mineralization, and auto seemed to work best there, if you run into strage conditions the best thing to do is experiment. If you get a deep or semi deep signal try different sens settings and see where the signal seems to come in best and leave it there while hunting that site.....Jim