Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshold tone on 705

lance1974

Hi I have a question about my 705 G I have the 10.5x6 DD coil. In prospecting mode I understand about the threshold tone. The question I have is when I hit an iron target should I get a deep low tone or a high tone. I understand I can adjust it but would the tone signal iron with a deep tone and gold with with a higher tone. Because I get a high tone on iron.

If you're getting anything more than a low level fluctuation in the threshold, then you haven't raised the disk level sufficent for IM to knock it out. Large pieces near the surface might not disc out at all just due to sheer mass.

Prospector Mode takes some practice. It's not something to use anywhere that there is a high level of trash. It will work well in the presence of iron ore and higher iron content in the soil, but the more that you raise the IM disc level, the larger the pieces of gold you'll have to get your coil over to be successful.

Let me try to explain better. In coin mode in all metal you can have 28 tones. When you go over iron it makes a low tone sound. When you go over a quarter it makes a high tone sound. Well in prospector mode shouldn't it do the same thing. Because when I run it in prospector mode every metal passed under it makes the same tone. I was asking if that is right and is there maybe something wrong with my machine.

lance1974 said:
Let me try to explain better. In coin mode in all metal you can have 28 tones. When you go over iron it makes a low tone sound. When you go over a quarter it makes a high tone sound. Well in prospector mode shouldn't it do the same thing. Because when I run it in prospector mode every metal passed under it makes the same tone. I was asking if that is right and is there maybe something wrong with my machine.

Coin/Treasure mode incorporates notch discrimination. This is what allows us to hear different tones for different targets (based on ferrous and conductive properties). Prospecting mode is a non-discriminate mode. Targets will alter the threshold volume and pitch. But this response is not representative of a target's CO or FE properties. HH Randy

You're welcome! And glad to hear you are enjoying the book. HH Randy