Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshold turns on, 5 seconds of tone then none

RC

Just got my new Excal. Turned it on, there was a tone for 5 to 10 seconds then nothing. Passed the coil over a metal piece no noise nothing. Admittedly I measured battery 8.6 volts. Charger puts out 18.50 volts. Could the problem be due to not enough voltage in battery. I am new to the excal. Came from a Pulse machine

Sure sounds like a low battery to me. Battery should be around 12 volts when charged. If this is a used unit then I would think the battery pack is old and there is a cell or 2 bad and needs a new pack. I would recharge the pack first and see what the voltage is when fully charged which would take about 8 hours if using the factory charger. Like I said that battery voltage needs to be around 11-12 volts for the detector to work.

Let us know what you find out.

Rick

Set it out to charge for eight hours. The vltage is now 12,86 volts, and there is now tomes when used. Thank you for the help. Now to go and hit our beaches.