Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshold

pescadore

Is there a default value for the threshold. I was reading the book and tried adjusting it as described but I don't know what it was at before I changed it. I really don't understand the whole concept if anyone could explain it better.

Actually its a good topic.
Even though I follow the instructions in the book, I wonder if dropping the coil to the ground over a target screws it up.
Sometimes I have to hit my GB button a couple times before I hear the threshold and then drop the coil. Sometimes I can't get a threshold.
I have raised the threshold manually with the coil in the air but it seems to automatically silence unless I raise it up in the 20-30 range.
I guess what I'm saying is its not consistent and I often wonder if I am getting the best performance out of my Deus.
I find myself resetting it until I hear it working according to the book.

What I was told was that the threshold adjustment was only for non-motion detecting. I never use that feature so I won't mess with it. I generally use tracking so I haven't experienced the issue while GBing. Maybe some more experienced Deus users can shed some light on your issue.

I was wondering the same thing???? When I think of threshold I think of the ETrac LOL. Does this detector run with a threshold? Yep a lot to learn!

Yep a little chattery but when it hit's anything accepted it blows the dinner horn. After reading the manual many many times I'm gonna hunt in the morning from daylight till I can't stand it any longer, HOT! I'm interested in the all metal mode at a certain place and want to see if it can uncover some more goodies. I really need to take it to a schoolyard and run it for a while. Learning it let's say. Anyway I'm gonna put it behind my GT and Excal on a beach a lot of stuff has come from in the morning about 0600.