Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thrift store gold

tvr

One of the thrift stores we frequent had a box with a couple dozen rings in it. $4 per ring, what ever they are, doesn't matter. There were several sterling rings that just did not have enough mass to spend $4 for. Then this little gem was spotted:

14KthriftShop.jpg

Nice score TVR.. I found a 14k pendant at a yard sale a few months ago..I had to have my wife take a picture of it as my eyes can’t focus in on tiny marking..turns out it had 14k stamped at 3 different places and I could see 1..paid a buck for mine..

You might be surprised what gets left in clothing too……. If I owned/managed a thrift store I would bet a hand held pinpointer and sweep the pockets etc just to be safe.

I’d be checking out that thrift store more often. 👍
We check it every week. It is not the same one where we found the 15 gram sterling bracelet for $1 two weeks ago.
We picked up a nice set of ceramic dishes, bowls and serving plates that are going to the new house, as well as a couple bags of craft stuff including yarn in the color my wife was looking for to do a blanket for one of the grandkids ... the little ring's melt value is about twice what the total price was for all of it out the door. Was a worthwhile visit!

Last edited:
nice score my friend hits tag sales up seems to find gold quite often..
Mark

Reactions: tvr
Sure is nice to get almost free gold or silver. I hit a couplr gold rings recently at a garage sale. Paid $1 for a bag that had 8 gold colored rings in it. Turned out 2 were good gold.

Reactions: tvr