Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

thunder coil for max

I use the nel thunder coil. Usually 4-6 sensitivity.. very deep and does really good at separation .. I also installed the Gizmo and the detector balances amazing. The thunder coil is around 2oz heavier than stock Garrett coil. But if you normally use the coil cover on your Garrett coil the weight is about the same as nel coils don't need covers.

Tried the NEL Thunder from my pro on the MAX... Seemed to work well.when bench testing. Took outside... all went well and then things happened! //// no depth, chatter..etc. Turned off... decided to restart and recalibrate... all was OK for next 10 min or so of yard testing..... Not sure that will solve things. Will test further and longer in the next while in the field. Distributor suggested that the PRO coils are compatible with MAX

I also tried the Thunder on my AT Gold for about 1/2 hr of hunt time. found coins etc.... It seemed to work well. Anyone out there try it as well???? I am wondering why the WARNING!!! Use only on AT Pro...???
Like some feedback if you have any to offer...Thank...

I just mentioned the Thunder in another post.

I watched The Hoover Boys video and starting around 10:16 of the video he mentions his Thunder wouldn't work on his Max but a Storm did work.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzXHWaNFBVA&t=9s[/video]

On the new AT max. That's why I like Detech aftermarket coils the best. You don't need a seperate coil for each AT. The Ultimate works on all 3 AT's like the garrett AT coils do.......