Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thursday in the Park

Ronstar

Well a bit of a bust this morning. I did pull a handful of early 60s pennies and a few deep steel bottle caps that rang as quarters ( Ferro Check on the Legend does not always work when deeper). Interesting tho where I wanted to get into the carrot was sounding off in mid air again. I tried detuning by touching the ground and in the air and just plain a no go. Its a slow vibration like you get when you’re just getting close enough to sense it.
I did manage four more old rifle cases and two more cannon fuses across from where I wanted to be.
I really want to know what is causing that interference at random intervals…….

Does the same thing happen when you are using other detectors?

Yes every detector we have goes off! Jeff said Nox800 had lower freq and he could get thru 90% of the EMI (as with me and the Legend). The carrot setting off is a bit a new thing……

Yes every detector we have goes off! Jeff said Nox800 had lower freq and he could get thru 90% of the EMI (as with me and the Legend). The carrot setting off is a bit a new thing……
Mr. Ron, What I was asking: does this pinpointer go wacky around all your detectors or just your new Legend?

Well thats a good question…..
If I experience the vibration I move away 100’ or more and everything goes back to normal. At least twice now I’ve gone back to the effected area (same day while I’m there) and its gone which lead me to think its a random event caused by something nearby and not me. This problem only occurs in one area on that lawn and so far no where else that I’ve hunted.
I’m headed up this morning and hoping its not on during the weekend. If encountered I will see if it ceases with freq changes or I will put the detector several feet away and see what that does.
Good catch Mr Jim!

Well thats a good question…..
If I experience the vibration I move away 100’ or more and everything goes back to normal. At least twice now I’ve gone back to the effected area (same day while I’m there) and its gone which lead me to think its a random event caused by something nearby and not me. This problem only occurs in one area on that lawn and so far no where else that I’ve hunted.
I’m headed up this morning and hoping its not on during the weekend. If encountered I will see if it ceases with freq changes or I will put the detector several feet away and see what that does.
Good catch Mr Jim!
Ronstar
Try any am radio there as I've posted.
Can't hurt to try.

All was good this morning. I was ready to tackle the beast but it apparently takes the weekend off. 😂 Gonna have to look a bit to find an AM radio small enough to carry.

All was good this morning. I was ready to tackle the beast but it apparently takes the weekend off. 😂 Gonna have to look a bit to find an AM radio small enough to carry.
I thought maybe your pinpointer was reacting to your new Legend. Now I’m understanding this issue is site specific. This is happening on college grounds correct? Maybe the university increases power (cell reception) during the week?

I thought maybe your pinpointer was reacting to your new Legend. Now I’m understanding this issue is site specific. This is happening on college grounds correct? Maybe the university increases power (cell reception) during the week?
Maybe they have their own Minni CERN.
Shootin particles out the window.

🤷‍♂️

I’ll second that
1660486235005.png