Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ticks

Drkstr62

Just want to remind everybody that the Ticks are bad this year. Over this past weekend found and removed about 50 very small ticks from myself...mostly on my lower legs and feet. I don't believe that I picked them up while MD'ing on Friday (8/3/12). I believe that I picked them up while mowing my lawn on Saturday (8/4/12)...Be careful and check yourselves for ticks even if you haven't been in the woods. They like to hide in grass...This is the first time that I have ever had ticks bite and attach to me.

Your right. I Was cutting the grass last month and picked up one on my right upper hip side. They are some nasty little buggers for sure. Try to be safe people. HH

i contracted lyme disease and have had rocky mount spotted fever. i also contracted the newest disease, lone star fever, which
ruined my life, nearly. basically, lone star fever makes one unable to eat any meat products, red meat especially. no mamallian meat, no beef, pork , lamb, venison, goat, sheep. nothing. i f i do eat meat, i will swell up ..alpha galactose intolerance..think about it for one moment. no meat or meat by products..no gelatin, so no jello...no bicuits containing lard. no bacon with my eggs, no steaks, no burgers, no beef red hots, no hot dogs, no venison tenderloin not one bit. i ended up in the hospital, spent 3 weeks before they figured out what was going on. i was swollen up from head to toes, three times my normal size, on a respirator, with a heart machine
to zap my heart if it stopped, which it did on day 4. cardiac intensive care is a scary place. one long needle in my heart to draw off fluid..it was my wake up call. so now i eat bird meat, and fish.. luckily im not allergic to turkey or chicken. not yet at least.. ivwe lost 60 lbs, and i keep losing weight... some kind of life...i wouldnt wish this on anyone else and i have to read every item on the boxes at the grocery store and hope they didnt forget to mention all thats in the box......i take my chances....

depthcharge559 said:
i contracted lyme disease and have had rocky mount spotted fever. i also contracted the newest disease, lone star fever, which
ruined my life, nearly. basically, lone star fever makes one unable to eat any meat products, red meat especially. no mamallian meat, no beef, pork , lamb, venison, goat, sheep. nothing. i f i do eat meat, i will swell up ..alpha galactose intolerance..think about it for one moment. no meat or meat by products..no gelatin, so no jello...no bicuits containing lard. no bacon with my eggs, no steaks, no burgers, no beef red hots, no hot dogs, no venison tenderloin not one bit. i ended up in the hospital, spent 3 weeks before they figured out what was going on. i was swollen up from head to toes, three times my normal size, on a respirator, with a heart machine
to zap my heart if it stopped, which it did on day 4. cardiac intensive care is a scary place. one long needle in my heart to draw off fluid..it was my wake up call. so now i eat bird meat, and fish.. luckily im not allergic to turkey or chicken. not yet at least.. ivwe lost 60 lbs, and i keep losing weight... some kind of life...i wouldnt wish this on anyone else and i have to read every item on the boxes at the grocery store and hope they didnt forget to mention all thats in the box......i take my chances....

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. Ticks are some nasty little buggers. I guess I'm lucky that I didn't get sick from all of the ticks that I plucked off of myself...I hope things don't get any worse for you.

Hi deep, From reading your post, I have good news. I am not a Dr. but play one on TV. I think a good bowel movement would clear all that up for you. You can go back to eating anything you want, Try It. I think it will help. Flintstone

If you would take some GARLIC pills about 2 weeks before detecting time and give your dog-or cat the same the ticks will not stay on you.Take a pill a day of it (garlic) and for all summer,they make the odorless kind of pils too.Was a fire fighter for a time for the conservation.it works.