Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ticks

After-1-

The ticks are bad in some the the places I hunt, I use the Permethrin Repellent and so far it has worked. Yesterday I was getting permission to hunt a old stage coach stop,and talking to the property owner he was saying the Permethrin didn't work for him. So what repellent works for you????? Thanks-------------------------------------after1---------------------

I have never found a tick on me after using Permethirn. I have also used High Deet repellants and even Used Seven Dust inside my pants legs. We do not have a shortage of ticks in my area.

still looking 52 said:
I just use "OFF" bug spray and that seems to work for me.

Me too ..works fine, if you spray around shoes and pants legs.

Most of the time outdoors I spray my clothing including socks with Deep Woods Off or Cutters and have had good luck keeping chiggers and ticks off. I always wear long sleeve shirt/pant while in the woods year round for protection from insects and poison ivy.

Little story-I take my cousin out to old picnic area two weeks ago.I have gone there about 6-8 time in the last 3 months, the second time I was there I did get some poison ivy on my digging hand,it went away after about a week.This past Saturday I pick him up and he tells me and shows me his poison ivy on his arms and legs. He had to get two scrip's for the steroid pills. He did say while out there he did pee in the woods twice,------yep, poison ivy there and then he said spent sometime in bed with the wife the night after we when hunting-----yep, poison ivy there.--------I still want to repel those ticks------------after1----------------

The only time I hunt in the woods are fall, winter and early spring. As of April 1st I stay out till then. After 2 Lyme disease shots and 8 cases of poison ivy I'm through hunting in the wooded areas in warmer weather.

Blood sucking parasites possibly carrying diseases, poison ivy/oak, poisonous or dangerous reptiles...they all suck when your endangered by them. Ha! Urushiol is the nasty makeup of poison ivy and sometimes it easily spreads if not careful after contact with the plant:yikes:

After-1- said:
Little story-I take my cousin out to old picnic area two weeks ago.I have gone there about 6-8 time in the last 3 months, the second time I was there I did get some poison ivy on my digging hand,it went away after about a week.This past Saturday I pick him up and he tells me and shows me his poison ivy on his arms and legs. He had to get two scrip's for the steroid pills. He did say while out there he did pee in the woods twice,------yep, poison ivy there and then he said spent sometime in bed with the wife the night after we when hunting-----yep, poison ivy there.--------I still want to repel those ticks------------after1----------------
hey ,after1, dont forget the digger you are using is probably cutting thru juicy poison ivy roots ... the poison ivy juice residue is on the digger and of course you wwouldn't realize it.. worse case of poison ivy i ever had i got during wintertime by digging thru the roots with a shovel..never even saw a poison ivy leaf but man i got loaded with poison ivy...

dirt lizard said:
Oh My, That does not sound good. --------------after1------------
The only time I hunt in the woods are fall, winter and early spring. As of April 1st I stay out till then. After 2 Lyme disease shots and 8 cases of poison ivy I'm through hunting in the wooded areas in warmer weather.

Texadillo said:
Never heard of Urushiol----------after1--------
Blood sucking parasites possibly carrying diseases, poison ivy/oak, poisonous or dangerous reptiles...they all suck when your endangered by them. Ha! Urushiol is the nasty makeup of poison ivy and sometimes it easily spreads if not careful after contact with the plant:yikes:

bootyhoundpa said:
After-1- said:
hey ,after1, dont forget the digger you are using is probably cutting thru juicy poison ivy roots ... the poison ivy juice residue is on the digger and of course you wwouldn't realize it.. worse case of poison ivy i ever had i got during wintertime by digging thru the roots with a shovel..never even saw a poison ivy leaf but man i got loaded with poison ivy...
Have keep that in mind , when I said I got it on my digging hand, never notice PI being around.--------------after1-----------

I developed a allergy to meat a couple of years ago because of ticks. I almost died because of them. I use 100 % deer and it works good. I can only eat birds and seafood now. Drs said it is caused by the tick with the white spot.

7centsworth said:
That is the first time I have ever heard of a White Spot Tick and to get a allergy from the tick. I would say Thank God that they were able to pin point the cause of the allergy. -----------------------after1-----------------
I developed a allergy to meat a couple of years ago because of ticks. I almost died because of them. I use 100 % deer and it works good. I can only eat birds and seafood now. Drs said it is caused by the tick with the white spot.

Just adding to the poison ivy and the ticks, we have wild boars, and even worse, poisonous snakes... Not rattlesnakes, but smaller snakes. I haven't encountered any so far, but I saw 4 wild boars in one week. Luckily, they were on the run. Just gotta stay away from mother boar and her siblings.