Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TID Numbers changing with soil conditions?

rks1040

Went out today in the drought conditions we have here,and dug a lot of trash!:rant: The soil is so dry here,and Sampson digger won't hardly go in the soil over 1 1/2 inches,(and I weigh 243LBS.) Alum can slaw is ringing in like a coin with 86-89 TID readings.. This is where the copper Penny's,dimes ring in at (under normal conditions) using 8 kHz frequency.. I did manage to dig two penny's.a 1920 Wheatie,and a copper 1964 Memorial. I think I'm gonna park the Deus until this drought is over,or invest in a good "jackhammer"!:rofl:

Yeah,Aluminum can always ring in the 91-2 range. Now they are coming in at 77-89 on the TID! They sound solid,and the XY screen is even being fooled! We need rain bad,period! It hasn't rained here in 5 weeks,and the ground is as hard as concrete!:thumbdown:

On the beach I have found some Euro coins also out of their usual range by 5 or 6 (the usual difference from the ideal TID is 1 or 2). Not sure if it was their arrangement or depth in the ground or something else (you simply don't see such stuff while trying to find stuff with the scoop in the loose sand).
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Hauptmann aD said:
On the beach I have found some Euro coins also out of their usual range by 5 or 6 (the usual difference from the ideal TID is 1 or 2). Not sure if it was their arrangement or depth in the ground or something else (you simply don't see such stuff while trying to find stuff with the scoop in the loose sand).
Olaf
Yeah,I don't have any, if little chance to "beach hunt" here! It's all dirt digging/hunting.:sad: That sand has to be a lot easier to dig,than the hard dirt is!:angry:

Tonight I had the 18khz option enabled and dug a beaver tail at 5 inches (no ring, just the tail) that was in the early 90s for target ID. And yeah, it is incredibly dry here. I had it happen again later with a full pull tab while running at 8khz, but only 3 inches down thankfully.

So this sort of falsing on aluminum is less common with moist ground? I've got in less than 3 hours with the Deus, so I am kinda clueless about how ground conditions might impact performance (well, I did note that wet ground and the 18khz mode aren't a good match).

Massive Aluminium gives massive TIDs in my experience. These nasty beer can upper parts or WW2 plane parts or East German army food cans come all that high and give a banging signal. Such as you would also get from an massive silver ring.
So as usual - the TID can help, but don't make the TID to your sole decision maker on unknown ground for unknown targets.
Olaf

Topdecker said:
Tonight I had the 18khz option enabled and dug a beaver tail at 5 inches (no ring, just the tail) that was in the early 90s for target ID. And yeah, it is incredibly dry here. I had it happen again later with a full pull tab while running at 8khz, but only 3 inches down thankfully.

So this sort of falsing on aluminum is less common with moist ground? I've got in less than 3 hours with the Deus, so I am kinda clueless about how ground conditions might impact performance (well, I did note that wet ground and the 18khz mode aren't a good match).

I seem to have more problems with it in dry conditions. We finally got some rain and the results were great,compared to the dry one's!:thumbup:
0066_zpsc35bc42b.jpg