Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TID vs Beep and Dig

Canewrap

Do you think that the reason Tesoro is going under (or changing owners- if that happens) is because the more recent crop of detectorists are a lot more TID oriented? Seems to me that most of the die-hard beep and dig types (myself included) have been at it a while and just have a preference for keeping it simple. Seems to me that the current competition in the B&D machines is coming from overseas markets. I just bought a Deeptech machine to try out and the fact that it has an iron audio is why I want one over just having another Tejon. IMHO, if Tesoro had ever produced a Tejon with that feature or had developed a few other useful features rolled into one machine, they would still be in the market. If you hold onto a niche position for too long, the world will pass you by.

What always happens generally is that after a while we start saying "What if" about the new machine too. So it ain't gonna change till the last target is dug.
I was toying with Deep Tech. I believe at the time they didn't have a outlet / repair in the U S A. So I passed. So what about now?

Well, that and the fact that there was never one complete machine. It was TID but no g/b, etc. Never all features together.
They basically ignored the buyer and gave what they felt was best.

Think the very least they could have/should have done is put a ground balance control on every machine.
At least we could have had a choice of coils that way that we could have used effectively.
Bad oversight IMO, also they could have sold more coils and/or packaged machines with multi-coil options.

Marketing Team quit after they had disagreements with Tesoro management.

Here is the problem as I see it. In today's world no one is ever satisfied always chasing the latest technology and believing the company that is selling it! That's why Apple just became a trillion dollar company. How many of you have a drawer full of phones that still work. WHY?

Heres how I see the TID vs the beep and dig . If theres a silver coin too deep for a TID to get an accurate reading , a person may disregard it as iron . I hit on a deep siver coin with the Vaquero , its going to make a mellow sound , just what I'm listening for .

A Tesoro machine without TID certainly looks old-school compared to machine with TID. I mean, TID is your friend, right?

The problem is that TID can be a very fickle friend...

I started finding gold rings after I stopped using my TID machine and switched to Tesoros. Not that my TID machine couldn't detect them -- I'm sure it could -- it's more so that I'd look at the ID, decide it was probably foil or a pull-tab, and pass it by.

That said, I've now added a DeLeon to the stable and have found gold with it, too. But I now know to treat the TID reading as advisory only. When in doubt, dig! :)

-Ken

Its just clever advertising by the marketing men.....a lot of people are just sucked in by the promise of improved features and performance, most of which rarely improves finds rates.A good example is the xp deus and the pevious model the goldmax power.
Over here in Britain,the goldmax power ruled the roost on our ancient sites,excellent seperation and depth,iron volume and silencer,multi tones and no screen.......it sold like hot cakes and it is still an incredible machine on iron infested sites.
Along comes the deus......wireless,a control box you can slip in your pocket,loads of programs blah blah blah.Overnight the deus became the no1 machine and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.Is it better than the power......in my opinion no,the power can still hold its own against the deus,there is even a goldmax power program on the deus and a lot of deus owners use this program most of all.Also many deus owners regret selling their gp to fund the deus and are returning to their old faithful.I've even seen you tube reviews comparing the two machines that are total rubbish showing how much better the deus is in amongst iron than the gp is.......i'll do any test against the deus with the goldmax anytime in real world tests.
Basically,it is all the features that drive people away from more simple machines,they think more features equals more finds and thats why simple machines like tesoros etc suffer in the market.Put two detectors in front of somebody and most will choose the all singing,all dancing model regardless of performance.....thats the power of marketing.
I'm glad that people buy the latest vid machines as i know a lot of them are missing a lot of targets by relying on ridiculous programs and inaccurate target info.....more goodies for those who are willing to dig more targets.

I'm to stupid to master some machines .I bought the second generation Eagle from Whites . That machine is so complicated that I never did feel like I knew how to best use it . I just loan it out now days when people want to borrow a detector . The Vaquero , I know how to use it .

The odd thing is that they used to make 2 tone machines.
The pantera and golden sabre 2 are both great.
And the 4tone golden uMax. That all still sell quickly
when they pop up for sale.
The one you rarely see is the euroSabre that had
an iron tone and regular tone similar to the deep tech.
A friend has one and its an awesome machine.
They obviously ever made a lot of them or people that have them
love them because you rarely see one pop up for sale??????
The market place is a fickle beast