Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger or Beach hunter?

John (Ma)

Opinions between Tesoro tiger Shark and Whites beach hunter, please? Fresh and salt water, mostly fresh. Which would be deeper? I cannot afford a excel right now, so these are my two choices which I'm leaning toward the tiger.

Thoughts and experiences would be appreciated, thank you!

I wouldnt buy either for both salt/fresh water. The tiger is made for fresh and BHID is made for salt. I have a few suggestions for you...

1. Are you actually going into the water? If not and just for the beach, you can look at machines like the CZ3D or Sovereign which will work on both types of beaches well.

2. If you are going into the water, nothing is going to work well unless you get a CTX or want a PI machine.

3. If none of those options work you need to get the BHID or used CZ21/Excal. They will work on the salt and be ok on the fresh. The tiger will not work in the salt. If you are going to be hunting fresh water 99% of the time then get the tiger or AT Pro and just hunt the dry salt beach when you are near the salt water.

Thank you for your replies and good break down Adam bomb.:thumbup:

I have a Tesoro Sandshark(PI). Works great in sand and salt water. I would consider this. Also look at the DetectorPro stuff. Reasonable. Just a thought! The Fisher CZs seem awesome. I am looking for one.

Well, the kicker is you state mostly fresh water. If it was ONLY fresh water, the Tiger would be a great choice. Great on gold and Tesoro warranty is top notch. BH is a good unit, but for me the older ones with the 9.5 inch coil are better...that 12 inch coil on the new ones is a bear to swing after a bit and for me, hard to control.

Once you hit that salt water, the higher end dual and multifrequency VLF units and most any PI unit would be a better choice. The PI's don't discriminate though, so its a battle when you get into iron infested areas.

There are several used CZ21's out there that the dealers have for sale...some pretty much like new. Only trouble is the warranty is probably up, but they are built very well.

Not sure what your budget is.

Just came back from Daytona, Coaco, Melbourne Beaches where I used my new Sand Shark. I had no problems at all and it found everything. The only problem I had was I really did not find anything of great value but that is part of this game!
Rich

Personally Ive had both units and this is just an opinion. Nothing More. I did some research on the BH300, the Fisher cz,20.

The comparisons of the 2 are very,very similar. Knowing how bada$$ the cz,20 is. and having 3 BH300s The BH gets my vote right up there with the excal. Why? answer is easy/ Simplicity. ease of use. in any type of condition. be it freshwater or salt water. in the rain. can be used in all metal mode with still getting I.D indications from the 3 led lights. can be used as a coin unit or relic unit. it is litteraly a do all detector with fantastic performance. Learning curve is minimal but like with any unit the more time spent the better it will perform for you.

If I didnt have my excal. Id jump right back to the BH300 and keep it. Honestly Ive been second guessing myself only because of experience with both.

dont get me wrong I have enjoyed both the tiger shark and the sandshark units and the tigert is a great unit for freshwater hunting but it would be even better if it were a true dual frequency unit like the BH.300. its a hard unit to beat and one of those units you dont hear much about. Why???? Everyone thinks that if you dont have an excal or ctx your wasting your time . NOT TRUE.

I know many jersey hunters who run BH300S and are killing it. same as the cz.20s super deep , sensitive and a do all unit.

GOOD LUCK M8.