Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark Coil Support

I am wondering if anyone makes a support to hold the Tiger Shark coil steady when detecting in the water. I have seen these for other brands, but I can't find one for Tesoro.

If one isn't available has anyone made their own that worked well?

Thanks.

On the beach forum and the modifications forum there have been some coil supports posted. I am pretty sure cupajo posted at least one and some others have posted too.

Will need to do a little searching with the search tool to find them.
tvr

Get a scrap of plastic, may have to call a plastic supply house or maybe the stuff they use to replace glass windows with, cut it about 8" long and about 2" wide. Look at the coil and the shaft and decide what angle you'd like. Put the plastic in a vise and use a heat gun or hair dryer. Hold it on the plastic, while putting pressure on the plastic to bend it, and when it bends to the correct angle take the hear off and let it cool. Drill small holes in the top that will allow you to put a wire tie through the holes and wrap them around the shaft. That'll hold it in place and it won't go beyond the angle you made. If you find out it's a little too much or to short, heat it back up and tweak it a little. Did that for a coil on my E-Trac. jim