Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark ground balance question

Degries

Just wondering what is best way to ground balance the Tiger Shark. Is it better to ground balance in the water or on the beach just before getting into the water.

Ground balance the ground you are searching.

What Geckokid said. The conditions could change from the sand to the water, and if you balance on land you are balanced to the wrong piece or real estate. You will find this is an incredible machine in fresh water, it is very sensitive, and has no problems finding single stud earrings.

When I ground balance my Metal detectors, I recheck often during searches sometimes conditions do change.
I often also super tune my land Machines, by turning up the Threshold.
The only one I don't super tune is the Tiger Shark it is sensitive enough

In reply to your PM....
NOTE: the "T" on the board is the threshold, and the "S" on the board is the sensitivity.

I am assuming you are in FRESH water. If you are in salt water, and are operating in "salt elim" mode, the directions you turn the knob will be opposite. Even though the discriminate mode is silent, you must ground balance the machine in all metal fast before hunting in discriminate. Set it in all metal fast, get in the water about 3 feet deep, raise the coil above the ground about a foot. Now, lower the coil to the ground and see if the sound increases, decreases, or stays the same. If it increases, turn the ground balance knob CCW (CW for salt). If it decreased turn the knob CW (CCW for salt). You are looking for the threshold to stay the same. If your machine still chatters in the water you are either picking up small bits of iron, or the sensitivity is set too high. To much sensitivity is usually the problem. The sensitivity is inside the machine on one of the control boards inside. There are 3 adjustments on the boards inside, threshold, sensitivity, and volume. The volume is on a different board than the threshold and the sensitivity, and has a different white knob. Mark the position of BOTH of the potentiometers (blue square things) that are on the board attached to the front faceplate with a sharpie, then with the coil away from metal (this can be done on the kitchen table) turn the one closest to the center of the back of the faceplate CCW to turn down the sensitivity. You will have to do this a little at a time till your machine is stable in your hunting environment. The other blue pot on the board is the threshold, set that one where you barely hear the tone. If you have any more questions just let me know. I will post this on the board with a picture. HH Joe