Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark hard wired coil question.

detectordude

The 8" inch coil on my newer version Tiger Shark says that it is hardwired to the control box. The connection appears to be a threaded type except I am assuming that there is a seal on the threads and if unthreaded will break the seal. Can this threaded connection be removed and another coil of the same connection type be resealed and rethreaded? Also, is the connection a four or five pin on the newer Tiger Shark?

Bill

I would recommend that you not try to change the coil yourself ( too much can go very wrong). If you want to have another type of coil put on please call Tesoro and ask for pricing. These guys are great and will treat you fairly. P.S., a larger coil may allow you to go a little deeper but it will not be as sensitive to the smaller items. Take care and happy hunting.

Great advice from HH.
Although the receptor on the detector box is still in production, the mated connector allowing for interchangeable coils is not.
Thats why the factory only sells the units in hardwired configuration.
Make sure of which coil you'd like to switch to and ask tesoro to hardwire it for you.
They're great folks to do biz with.
Good luck,
Biker

Do you have a picture?

I suspect the "threads" may be only a cable stress relief or pinch on the outer sheath of the cable and not a connector. If it is hard wired there will not be any connector pins, the cable will go into the box where it is attached to the electronics circuit.
tvr