Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger shark leaking

Hi everyone, I just purchased a used Tiger Shark from this forum, brought it out diving for the first time this past weekend and it began to chatter acting like EMI, brought it in and found the control box housing had water in it. I made sure the faceplate seal was squeeky clean and put a dab of silicone grease around the perimiter. I suspect my leak is coming from the coil/nut/housing area as this is the older model with removable coil option.

I don't want to send it in, I am sure someone on this forum has seen this and has a solution!!! I would love to hear from you.

UWMM

n/t

stuff like that is why i don't like buying used. you will probably have to send it in, pay for repairs, and wont have the warranty. may end up costing close as much as if you bought a new one in the first place. i think water leakage is not covered anyhow if bought new. good luck with it. think tesoro will treat you fair on it though.

How much did it leak? Is there any damage to the electronics? If there is you should send it in. But if there is no damage and you are just trying to get it to seal then I would clean where the oring sits with lint free paper, replace the orings and coat them with a light coat of grease. The grease does not create the seal it just allows the oring to slide and not kink when the fittings are tightened.

I'm in the send it in camp. Neither my Tiger Shark or Sand Shark have leaked; but I don't dive with them so they get about 3 feet under water at most.

Don't know if you put it in a bath tub if it would show little bubbles where the leak is or not. May not be enough pressure in a bath tub to show where the issue is.
Good luck with it!
tvr

Thanks guys, I am not up for sending it in, I was hoping for tips as to where the leaks are and what to do about it. Nemoc's post looks promising.

UWMM

I bought a new O ring from Tesoro, cost $5 and got to me in a couple of days. I've had mine since 2001 when i bought it new and have not used but about half of the little tube of silicone grease, just use enough to make it moist with grease. I clean the groove on the face plate with a small corner of paper towel and a toothpick, works for me.