Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark questions

NYNURSE

Giving serious thought to a water machine and the Tiger Shark is looking better and better. Just a couple questions. Are the headphone submersible? I don't plan on diving with them, but if they fall in the water, is that an issue? Can I let them float around without damage? Does anybody regret buy a certain size coil? Swimming areas are normally trashy and a smaller coil would seem better but the majority seem to pick the larger coil. Thanks for any comments.

Yes, the headphones are totally submersible, no problem there. I used the stock coil for years and never once regretted it, had a friend with same detector and he went up to the larger 10" coil, he may have added an inch or two of depth to his hunting. Trust me, the Tiger Shark performs awesome in trashy swimming spots, just learn what it's saying to you.....Listen for the Quack of a Duck!!!!!! Gold will be there...

What TigerNed said. I had a different brand with a 12" coil. I hated it. Went to the 8".. Fell in LOVE with it. I have used,, Fisher 1280,, Whites surfmaster 2,,,,Mine Lab Excaliber,,,Whites Beach HunterID... Hated all of them . You will have to shoot me to get my TESORO TIGER SHARK. I named mine TheDuck. That quack sound is fun. It will also find that smaller gold that non of the others I had would find. Its great... KEN WARD

I ordered mine with the 10" coil to get the little extra depth. As far as trashy areas, my thinking was big deal I am just gonna use my sand scoop on all targets. For land use in trashy areas where you had to dig a hole by hand with a lesche or hardware store gardening shovel I would go with the smaller coil, but that is what I have a seperate detector for. In the water with a sand scoop, scooping a little trash here and there to get to good stuff is easy and no bid deal. Other opinions may vary, that is just the way I look at it.

Hey Joe...If you are going to detect fresh water than the Tiger Shark will be good but if you ever want to hit the salt water beaches I would go with the Sand Shark

Bubby is right the Tiger Shark is not a salt water detector. I guess I just assumed you were talking fresh water.

To be used for fresh water. Mostly streams and possibly lake side. I don't swim so I avoid going to close to beach water. Biggest concern is dropping the machine in a foot or two of water, hence the Tesoro, with a belt attachment, gets points over the AT Pro in the damage control department. Thanks for the advice everyone.

NYNURSE said:
To be used for fresh water. Mostly streams and possibly lake side. I don't swim so I avoid going to close to beach water. Biggest concern is dropping the machine in a foot or two of water, hence the Tesoro, with a belt attachment, gets points over the AT Pro in the damage control department. Thanks for the advice everyone.
NYNURSE,

If you plan on hunting only fresh water, you will never regret buying the Tiger Shark!!!!!!!!!! Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly or not, but your concern for dropping your detector in the water is nill when it comes to the Tiger Shark, the housing/ rod/ coil/ headphones/ are all waterproof, you can totaly submerge it, I believe it's still rated for up to 200' of water depth. Oh yea, don't for get the Qwack....LOL
Ned

TigerNed said:
NYNURSE said:
NYNURSE,

If you plan on hunting only fresh water, you will never regret buying the Tiger Shark!!!!!!!!!! Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly or not, but your concern for dropping your detector in the water is nill when it comes to the Tiger Shark, the housing/ rod/ coil/ headphones/ are all waterproof, you can totaly submerge it, I believe it's still rated for up to 200' of water depth. Oh yea, don't for get the Qwack....LOL
Ned

I've had mine to 50'. It still works fine. The only problem is the headphone cushions have a small hole in the vinyl at the top. After diving, water stayed in the cushion. I burned several small holes with a heated pin in top and bottom in the vinyl so water could drain no matter which way the headphones were stored.