Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark Scores

Rainyday101

Took the Tiger to a freshwater swimming hole today. Found that somebody had been there before me. This was an area that gets over 100 party going pontoon riding animals at a time on a nice summer day. Targets were far and few between and there were signs of someone else's scoop holes. Somebody before me did a fairly good job of cleaning the area up. This area should have been littered with bottle caps and was not. Found very little clad, but went deeper and found these three beauties. The left ring is a 14K gold. Middle is a Triton Titanium. Right ring is also a Titanium with no other marks. I just ordered an accurate pocket scale, but from my postal scale the gold ring appears to be in the 9-10 gram range. Yea baby, gotta love that Tiger Shark. Found all three rings with a half hour, but spent 3 hours on this spot.

Best part about it is I met some guys at the boat landing that told me some more old swimming hot spots. Like usual, when they ask what I found I just tell them clad and bottle caps. I am always leery of showing the goods to strangers, especially in an isolated area.

Nice hunt, especially after someone else beat you to that spot. The Tiger Shark got the best targets anyway.

Hombre said:
Nice hunt, especially after someone else beat you to that spot. The Tiger Shark got the best targets anyway.

I am guessing an AT Pro got the clad and bottle caps. Nice of them to leave the good stuff for me!

Nice going on the rings!:cheers: Like I've been saying, location, location, location.

tabman

tabman said:
Nice going on the rings!:cheers: Like I've been saying, location, location, location.

tabman

Yep and it finally sunk in. No more detecting what is convenient (for the most part). I am strictly going to find and focus on location, location, location!

Outstanding! :surprised: Now thats a great hunt! :clapping:

Yeah, those old guys at the boat ramp are worth a talking to, and playing it cool, "just pennys and bottlecaps"...Heck, you may even get a lift in their boat on over to a place! You are right, get to know your gear, and then find a super hot spot and clean it out...:thumbup:

Ouch on the AtPro stab! I just finished another unsuccessful long soak with mine, so it hurt double plus good!!:rofl: Been a tough gold year for me on this side of the big Pond, almost time to move to sheltered inland water, maybe by this weekend? Calling for snow you know...:sadwalk:.
Mud

Rainey you had mention how deep that baby is , and that depth defeated your foes, nice of them to clean all that surface junk out so you could get the deep stuff lost in better days . 9 grams thats a haul

mudpuppy said:
Outstanding! :surprised: Now thats a great hunt! :clapping:

Yeah, those old guys at the boat ramp are worth a talking to, and playing it cool, "just pennys and bottlecaps"...Heck, you may even get a lift in their boat on over to a place! You are right, get to know your gear, and then find a super hot spot and clean it out...:thumbup:

Ouch on the AtPro stab! I just finished another unsuccessful long soak with mine, so it hurt double plus good!!:rofl: Been a tough gold year for me on this side of the big Pond, almost time to move to sheltered inland water, maybe by this weekend? Calling for snow you know...:sadwalk:.
Mud

Hey Mud, I have been taking my boat to harder to get spots to get away from all them land lubbers! These two guys at the ramp were a bit shady, hadn't showered for awhile and hadn't had haircuts for the last few years. I was a little nervous the stuff was gonna hit the fan at first. I just played it laid back and shot the breeze.

Sorry about that AT Pro stab, but they aren't my favorite. Not that they are bad detectors, just that they are to popular and have given toooooo many people the opportunity to water hunt, which just deprives me of more goodies. Public beaches use to be easy picking in the water, now they just have some pocket change.

I have been avoiding Green Bay on the big pond because it was just to cold, way colder than normal this year. I have been staying inland focusing on small areas that concentrate large numbers of people. The water is already cold enough I have been wearing waders. Already looking for the next hotspot.

kaolinwasher said:
Rainey you had mention how deep that baby is , and that depth defeated your foes, nice of them to clean all that surface junk out so you could get the deep stuff lost in better days . 9 grams thats a haul

At first I was disappointed at the lack of targets. These areas are usually littered with bottle caps from party animal pontoon barge vacationers. Looking back though I am glad the cleaned the trash out of the way for me.

In this area depth wasn't a real advantage because depending on where I was the sand was only 1-6" deep with hard pan clay below. The deepest anything could get would be just to the clay. So far most of my water areas have been like this, the exception being sand beaches.

Typical of Tesoro the Tiger Shark is simple to operate, very effective, durable, and a lot of bang for the buck.