Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark vs Fisher 1280 or CZ21

I can do two of the three. TS and 1280 really only work well in the fresh water. They both have settings that say salt water, but as I understand it that's just as major reduction switch for the sensitivity. I think the electronics in the TS are a little higher tech. Both have wonderful waterproof housings. After all is said and done...the TS is the only water machine that has a lifetime warranty that's pretty much honored even by subsequent owners although they aren't supposed to do that.
The CZ21 is a mammoth step up in the sophistication of the machine. It will definetly work in the saltwater. People say they are really good in the Fresh water as well. It's the one VLF machine that can challenge the Excalibur...but just a little. jim

Thanks, Jim. That lifetime warranty means a lot, and I won't get to work the salt water beaches very often. Skip

and then went with a Tiger Shark. I would say the 1280 has a bit of depth over the Tiger, but not much. But the bigger factor is the 1280 LOVES iron and you really can tell the difference between a nail and a gold ring, they both sound the same. With the Tiger, you can get nails to have a chopped signal, and still hear the gold ring right on top of it! There was alot of places I could not hunt with 1280 because of the high concentration of nails. With Tiger, I opened up a lot of new areas and did quite will with it. And of course, life time warranty can not be beat.

I have had nothing but high regards for the TS. The only "issue" is that they will false a little when the connector is just getting into the water. So, when you're wading about waist deep, it can be a little annoying. But fully submerged, or fully dry, it's solid as a rock.

I just returned from a vacation at Cannon Beach and Seaside, Oregon, and I can say the my Tiger Shark had NO problem on the saltwater beach. I did not go in the water, but on the dry and wet sand the Tiger was the same as in my usual fresh water. I did not use the salt setting. I used all metal fast. No problem ground balancing either. I have never messed with the sensitivity screw in the case. I found a lot of coins (mostly quarters) and lots of foil, no jewelry, some big iron spikes, and bobby pins. There were lots of people with rented detectors, Bounty Hunters and Prizms. Also, I think some of the 4th of July fireworks had small stainless caplike washers in them...they were everywhere. HH Peter

I didn't try to raise the discrimination, because the scooping was easy and they were pretty much right on the surface. I'm used to more difficult rocky and clay bottoms in Idaho. The foil was the real pain, and melted aluminum cans.