Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark

cahil_2

Been thinking about getting a tiger shark for inland lake water hunting, but can't find a lot of feedback about them. Give me some feedback, and do they have a pin point function or do you have to do the wiggle method? I currently have an AT Pro, but I am used to machines with a threshold and can't get used to all the noise the ATP puts out to my older ears.

I had the same dilemma could not find a lot info on them or videos. I had heard so much about how the depth is not real good etc... But ordered one anyway. Will be here tomorrow. You also hear the are very sensitive to small gold and you can't beat lifetime warranty. I have a CTX 3030 for salt beaches. I believe there is no perfect detector if it is good on small gold maybe I can find small gold the Excal's and Soverigns leave behind. I guess I will find out once the snow leaves and the water thaws!
Shortcut

I ordered mine TS last May. It is equipped with 10" coil. Used it pretty hard last season. Found 11 gold rings, very fine gold chain (10K), dosens of silver rings and silver jewelery (including very small earrings and pendants). Dug gold earring (in all metal mode) from more than 10" deep.
I hunt exclusively in inland waters (in water, not in wet or dry sand).
The machine does not have a pin point button. And I would say, it does not need it. Pinpointing is very easy. You have aquire good scoop though. I use Stavr.

Received my new Tiger Shark and got it assembled. Also started doing some air tests. Cannot wait to get out and use it. Looks like it should glide through the water as the coil is very thin and will have very little drag. Nicely built unit. I noticed the depth in air tests seem to be around 6" to 7" on a nickel and a quarter and it is hot on small gold that some of my other detectors will not pick up.
Shortcut

Received my new Tiger Shark and got it assembled. Also started doing some air tests. Cannot wait to get out and use it. Looks like it should glide through the water as the coil is very thin and will have very little drag. Nicely built unit. I noticed the depth in air tests seem to be around 6" to 7" on a nickel and a quarter and it is hot on small gold that some of my other detectors will not pick up.
Shortcut

Go with the 10" coil what I have noticed is that the coil has a really small sweet spot (mono coil) more so than my garrets with a mono, I use the 10" coil even in the water, its slices like butter anyhow. Very hot on small silver and gold items.

I love my tiger very much . I am glad i got the 8inch coil. been very happy.