Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark

JHM

I was considering a tiger shark and was wondering how well they deal with pulltabs VS rings. Most areas I hunt are loaded with them. They give a different sound with an excalliber but 1500 bucks is more than I can justify right now.

I just bought a tiger shark from windy city detectors and they gave me a good deal. 585 shipped. Haven't used it but can't wait for the snow and ice to melt so I can.

JHM.........

If you are leaving pulltabs, you are leaving the gold for somebody else, I know several experienced water hunters that can't tell the difference in sound. One guy I know that lives down around Tulsa says there are several lakes where everything is cleaned out. He says if there aren't any pulltabs to be found, you might as well pack it up and move on. One guy I met a lake last week even hunts all-metal motion mode and expects to at least go down in discrimination to accept bobby pins. I know, as I hunted behind him and the beach was silent and only found a stud earring.But to get back to original question, no, I can't tell the difference in sound between pulltabs and gold rings, the TS is mono toned, I dig it all on the beach and wading in the water.

Trying to tell the difference between a pull tab and a gold ring is like trying to tell the difference between a standing lib quarter and a washington. It isn't going to happen. Dig em all and be glad its easy to dig in the sand.

You will love the tiger shark. Ilove mine. I have had 4 different water detectors. The tiger finds that smaller gold. I like the sound of mine. I call it my duck. It has a quack sound.... KEN