Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tiger shark

grumpy

Can some of you fine folks here on the tesoro group tell me how the tiger shark works on salt water beaches? Most interested if any one has experience in comparing the teger to the minela excalibur.??
I have a excal an am thinking about a tiger for the wife .
Any help or info on the matter appreciated
Grumpy.

The tiger is manly a fresh water unit,but the sand shark is what you will need for is for salt water I have used in in fresh water but you have to dig it all.I have not used the xcal but have used a M sov(which a non water proof xcal) on the beach.the sand shark with 10.5 inch coil will go as deep or deeper than the xcal but like I said you have to dig it all, the sand shark will find thinner gold chains but the xcal will knock out nails and iron so the choice is yours.

The tiger in the dry sand is OK. Get on the wet sand and it is unstable. Not the best for salt. You can not beat it in fresh water. I had an excaliber. I did not like it for fresh water.... KEN

I"ve only used mine in fresh water as I'm not near any salt water beaches, but every reference I've read seems to concur with what Ken wrote.
BB

I took mine to the beaches of South Carolina this summer. Like posted earlier it worked great in dry sand. Once you get to the damped stuff it would chatter a lot. The salt knob worked a little but not enough for me. Hope this helps.