Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tigershark in the Park?

So - so. I tried mine there and it performs well. But it is heavy and the controls are awkward.
I'm not one of those who considers it an all-around detector - strictly for the water and sand.

Definitely more comfortable if you hip mount it.
BB

I use exlusively the Stingray II with the 8" coil in the sand boxes. I found many gold and silver over the years, and the sand boxes have been as productive as my water hunt. I always use a diving belt and attach the body of the detector on me. Yes, it's inconvenient, but the shinny lure of gold will make you forget all this. The most important to remember is to put at least 50 to 100 hours on a detector before judging it. I probably put 500 hours on my Stingray and I discovered many little secret about my machine that little people knows. If you pick a regular land machine, just stick with it for a while. Harvest get better when you know your detector, whatever which one you are using. I bought a Tejon for silver and relic hunting but my favorite machine is my Stingray. The Tejon would be considered a highly favorite for sand boxes cleaning (with the sensitivity set at 5-6), but my experience as teach me (by default, since the Stignray was my only machine for a long time) how to use the Stingray and I usually have great hunt with..

Good luck.. Tiger is a great sand box detector.. just a little heavy..

Charles

Ive found as almost as much jewelry in tot lots as I have in the water with my tiger shark...full braclets to tiny .925 earring studs...works for me,but I usually use the Cortes on land anyway.

I belt mounted mine and have been using it in tot lots. I don't like the cord issue from the belt to the shaft, bending down to get target..must be careful but with that arrangement, it's pretty lightweight. Very sensitive to small targets.

Sorry allgirls
I just noticed this post, and my Tiger Shark is in "cold storage" now for the winter. I don't consider it a dry land machine by any means, it is just a tad too heavy. I do use it on dry land before the water season begins each year to get reaquainted with it. It operates just as well as any Tesoro land machine for dry land hunting, but I have other detectors that are more suited for dry land and use the Tiger Shark allmost exclusivley for water hunting.

Hombre

allgirls said:
No reply from Hombre what the world is going on? ( Just pocking at you man)

Hombre said:
Sorry allgirls
I just noticed this post, and my Tiger Shark is in "cold storage" now for the winter. I don't consider it a dry land machine by any means, it is just a tad too heavy. I do use it on dry land before the water season begins each year to get reaquainted with it. It operates just as well as any Tesoro land machine for dry land hunting, but I have other detectors that are more suited for dry land and use the Tiger Shark allmost exclusivley for water hunting.

Hombre

allgirls said:
No reply from Hombre what the world is going on? ( Just pocking at you man)
Im with Hombre on this one.

I had a Tiger shark and I used it on rainy days for land hunting... It worked well, a bit heavy but very versatile for the control box mounting, very adequate detector.