Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TigerShark mode question...

ralphiejc

which would be the better operating mode for fresh water lakes...all metal fast,slow or disc..??..The disc mode seems to have a crisper response to a target than fast or slow in an air test which makes me wonder what the benefit would be in using AM fast or slow..(I dont mind digging bobby pins/hooks/etc...)Thanks ,Ralph

I run mine in disc mode and set it just above 2 and dig everything. Then when I start to get tired, I put it up to 4 and dig solid signals, pulled out 6 golds an a few silver rings and I didn't get my shark till late July. Hope this helps.

I've always hated all metal. I know some claim to use all metal all the time but modern detectors, for the most part, are as deep or nearly so in in descrim. My feeling is discriminate out the junk, and the case of water hunting that is only iron, and dig everything else.
The only time I use all metal is to verify target size and some times, not often, to pinpoint.

I seem to agree with you.Although I havent used it in the field yet ,when I air tested the machine in the all metal modes I wasnt crazy about the responses.The disc mode gave out a nice sharp tone and I would think digging in sand with a water scoop that pinpointing shouldnt be much of an issue using it in disc..And like you said, running at a low disc level should not affect the depth.thanks,Ralph