Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tight rod on my mx sport

jimmy clark

the lower rod on my sport is very hard to pull from the middle rod. it took me an my son to get it off an it took five minutes. that was after a water hunt. when we got it off ,I cleaned everything, put the rod back in. the next day I tried to pull the rod off again just to see if it would come off easier. well I never got it off, because my son wasn't there to help me. my question is is there anything I could put on the rod like some kind of oil that would make it easier to come off. or would oil or grease just make it harder? I'm getting an extra coil for my sport an I would like to just put the other coil on a extra lower rod, instead of taking the coil bolts off every time.

I use wd40 light coat on the lower rod sliding it up and down a few times inside the upper rod and seems to work for me..

After every use at the beach i take the lower rod completely out and use the hose to wash the inside of the upper shaft. Fine sand can get in there and make it nearly impossible to get the lower rod out. I also make sure the lower rod is very clean.