Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time for a change ..

MNCoinhunter

I am considering selling my Minelab Explorer for a Deus. Looking for something with a faster response time and lightweight. Would like to hear some pros and cons before I part with my beloved Explorer . .

A guy that I hunt with, CZconnoisseur, uses a Deus and does really well with it. He keeps up with me and my Tesoro.

tabman

McDave,

My reply is not intended in any way to distract you from the Deus, which is a great fast machine, one I have thought about getting myself...

Its just that I know how you hunt, what you target, (old silver) and where you live, and have really missed your posts on the old silver you found with your ML... Dave, you are an exceptional hunter in a very tough area with a short season!...being an ex Northern Minnesotan myself...(Fosston, Grygla) you should take a look at the AtPro!....If I had one rig to run up there and make some serious finds, it would be with the AtPro...hell, get it tipped with a NEL coil if you want just so you dont look like a plebe...!

I'd go with the stock 11" coil package... easy, fast and cheap!.....I've no doubt you would freaking kill with that rig in your terrain! If I were there, thats what I'd run! With bug dope and a D handled tiling spade!

Considering the weather, short season you are up against and all that, which is really outside the norm of understandibility for anybody in the lower 48, but will be acknowledged by the Canadians that hit this Forum...If you dont like it, the Pro is an easy sale...just saying...:thumbup: Have a look at the AtPro..
Sinecerely,

One of your biggest Fans,.
Mud

ps: If i never again in my life smell a peat bog on fire, I will die happy!

If your sites contain a lot of iron trash, you will definitely some find good targets that you missed with the explorer. If your sites contain a lot of modern trash, you will definitely find some pulltabs, canslaw, and screwcaps, that you missed with the explorer.

Thanks Mud . . I had to sell my AT Pro last winter to pay some bills after my wife moved out. Which had a lot to do with my lack of a presence at this site in a while. I chose that detector because I knew it was reasonably priced enough to where I could buy another one if necessary. Great response time and waterproof to boot .. Not to mention about a third of the Deus' price tag. I wonder if I can still find the Sportsman package with the 5X8 included . . Thanks again

Depends on what type hunting you plan on doing. But to be honest with you, I'd stick with my explorer, before ever hopping to a Dues. Some explorer buddies of mine have tried out the Dues, and ....... while it may have a few interesting niches, it's never going to hold a candle to the all-around-versatile Explorer. JMHO.

Tom .. I am with you there. I would have to think really hard about wanting to part with my Explorer, it has never let me down. I may just bring back the AT Pro to the arsenal so I can switch to something lighter once in a while. Not to mention the water hunting ...

Good to hear from you McDave. I miss your video productions and finds with the Explorer. That Explorer is a super nice silver magnet machine and I would hate to see you part with it myself. Watching you in those videos and the excitement and knowledge you have with the machine.....I feel you are on the right track with your thoughts below. Good to see you back and happy hunting in 2015. - Jim

McDave said:
Tom .. I am with you there. I would have to think really hard about wanting to part with my Explorer, it has never let me down. I may just bring back the AT Pro to the arsenal so I can switch to something lighter once in a while. Not to mention the water hunting ...

I had a se pro and then a Etrac.Although they are exceptional machines,too slow for me.I know all the old home sites I hunt are iron ridden,and the closer to the house I get the worse the trash gets.but that's where the goodies are.I couldn't help but wonder what I was missing,and I was.Minelabs are great machines but they have limits too.

A rock solid Id just means the machine locked onto a good target before a bad.when I hit a good and bad,and the bad number showed I had to let it clear and hope to get the good number next.
A fast machines (jumpy numbers)aren't a bad thing,just means the reset is that fast,the machine is showing all the targets under the coil that fast.Actually makes for faster recovery.

I now have a Aka signum and couldn't be happier.No,it's not better than a minelab,just different. Same performance I believe at a faster pace.