Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TIME FOR US TO FLUD SUNRAY WITH REQUESTS FOR INLINE PROBE 100% WATER PROOF. WHAT DO U THINK

I bet they could design one that would also be #1 for being waterproof, at a reasonable cost too. Below is the link for suggestions:

sales@garrett.com

I've been posting on sun ray forum for awhile For a inline probe, it would be sweet set up, how bout the rest of you do the same!!!thanks hank

I would list the model as AT/G-WP

What in the world for?? I have one of those things for my 1500/2500's and they are more of a hindrance than a help. Wires dangling all over, have to remember to flip that switch back to turn it off, extra weight added to my swing arm. I much prefer my Propointer hanging from my hip, ready when I want it. AND TURN THOSE ALL CAPS OFF, THAT'S THE SAME A SCREAMING ON THE INTERNET....and it's hard to read!!!

In my opinion, the pro pointer is the best probe out there. I've seen some guys do a home-made water proofing job on the pro pointer. Most certain it voids the warranty though...

I've used the Whites bullseye (owned 2 of them), the cheap harbor freight tools one, the sunray probe which I have on my whites machine and the pro-pointer. The pro pointer is definitely built to last. When I use the whites machine which is rare, I use the pro pointer :) Just my 2 zincolns :detecting:

Because It uses the same settings as the detector is set at plus no extra batteries the weight doesn't both me that much, plus you can't lose it, not to mention a PP in the pro modde with iron audio , why not have one.

The guys that figure out how to make a wireless sunray probe thats waterproof will be rich. I have propointer and like it very much . The quality weight and ability of the propointer was never in question. The post was for folks who like what the sunray adds to the pinpointing info.

Good post Jmann!!

Eric in RI said:
In my opinion, the pro pointer is the best probe out there. I've seen some guys do a home-made water proofing job on the pro pointer. Most certain it voids the warranty though...

Vacuum sealing it in a Foodsaver bag doesn't void the warranty and works great. :)

Grey ghost has the water proof headphones now for the Atpro, with the connectors. May be more to it than that I don't know.

Good idea! I was even thinking of taking a plastic bag and covering the button and speaker and battery cover and then taking a rubber band and wrapping it around the top of the bag to try to keep it water tight, but I like the vacuum seal bag idea!