Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time To Cash Out The 2008 Season Goodies.

Hey everybody. Been gone a while, pretty much because I don't do beach hunting in the winter. It's just not worth it here, particularly when they are constantly pumping, moving and replenishing sand onto the beach. So I start hunting on Memorial Day Wwekend every year and usually post soon after.

Well, it's been VERY slow here as most of the local hunters will attest. I was out 3 times without finding squat, but things are starting to turn around and targets are popping. Still, LOTS of competition out there...looks like more HARVESTERS out there than PLANTERS sometimes!

So after last season ended the price of gold tumbled from a once $1000+ to something like $650 or so. So I've held onto all my stuff. Now gold is back at $940, si I'm chancing and sending a load (lode?) into Midwest Refineries for a check. The pic below is what I'm sending. It's a mix of 10, 14, 18, and 22K gold and a separate pile of silver, which is how Gary at Midwest saif they wanted that. I used my Excel Spreadsheet that I had circulated on here last summer and tallied it all up. It includes only a nice heavy 14K band that I pulled yesterday but other than that everything is from 2008.

Here are the two bags. There is a 22K bracelet in there that melts out to $429 for my cut and a 22K signet ring that melts out to $$328. The total of all in the pics at the current price of $940/oz comes to $2150 with Midwest getting $109 for their troubles and me getting $2041 for mine. :) I'm including the spreadsheet in the shipment with all the individual values on all items for weight, purity, and value. Of course the price of gold may go up or down by the time they get it. And it may not ALL melt out as marked, so...seems I will have at least a couple of grand, maybe more if gold surges. So I will cross my fingers on that.
[attachment 130981 SummerBooty2008.jpg]

My goals for 2009 are to find a platinum ring, which I have not done in 9 years, despite finding more gold rings, chains, and silver stuff than I can count in the same time. And I've tested a couple and the Excal likes 'em. So I guess I need to try harder to wave it over something platinum, huh? Oh, and I want to find a fat-a$$ gold chain this year...something off the hook. :angel:

Happy hunting to all and may your scoops be filled with precious metal! :thumbup:

Way to go! Nice collection of loot!!! Good luck with the Platinum....you are in the right place to find it!!!!!

HH

Beachcomber

My wife and I are coming to Virginia Beach the week of the 6th of July for vacation. What is the regulations on detecting the beach there?

Hey Joe,

Stacey has been real busy with a lot of things and can only get out a couple times a month these days and doesn't post much. She says she hasn't found any gold in a while. She just needs to get some things caught up and make the time to get out there when she can. The good news is you guys are in Florida so the "season" isn't limited.

Mike... My sale went well, just one thing I would do different, request any items back that dont get melted or test positive for gold.