Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time to hang up the detector for the winter here... how about you?

Lipservice

Nine inches of snow on the ground and getting close to zero degrees at night now. The ground here is frozen so no more detecting for me... and no travel plans forseen.
Time to kick back and see if any new detectors show up this winter or early spring (hint, hint, Fisher). I had a great year detecting that old golf course converted to a park
with my CZ-3D. 378 silver coins/2 gold wedding bands, 1 gold class ring/29 silver rings and jewelry/quite a few indian heads/several V nickels/and a coffee can of wheat
cents all from that same place. And still vast areas to detect there yet!

Hope all of you bound by Winter had a great season!

That is lots of nice finds in the golf/park indeed.:thumbup:
Detectors were put away beginning of Nov for me likely to be
put back in action early April.:sadwalk:

Snow on the ground, I didn't get much detecting done this year... Summer was hot..ground was like concrete..Spring was wet and muddy, Fall taken up by other things..
So all and all.. My worst year detecting ever over all...

I just do not have the fire like I used to have... I also am so tired of all the same places I have detected over, and over ............ I will do some research, and move further out from home base this coming year...

I still owe a guy in Michigan a Silver coin.Part of a deal I made on a trade.. Just didn't find the Silver with the trade detector yet... he gets the first Silver coin............ 2013 has to be better......

Good luck everyone in 2013 ............... may you find many Silver coins............. Tabman, "you better get out there", Jim TN hasn't slowed down yet.... he is going to find it all if you let him..:rofl:

Hi Lipservice, it's just now getting just right for scratching in my neighborhood of S Ms. Underbrush and weeds will soon all be down.Ticks & snakes pretty much bunked up for awhile., cept for those really sunny days they may crawl out for a lazy look see. They do that,now and then.Of coures being older now I have my "down" times too when in summer there are too many "too hot" days and in winter there are to many "too cold" days.Time was, 40 years ago, I would not have believed such a thing, but yep, stuff does happen! God is Good to us and we need to be thankful and enjoy the hobby all we can, while we can and to add what we can to the hobby to make it better for everyone.Far as I'm concerned I believe it is the best all around hobby for anyone, young , old and inbetween , pretty much wherever you live. HH, Charlie

I live in the mountains in Colo. at 7600 feet elevation and the winters can get brutal! But that doesn't stop the detecting. True you can't dig an 8 inch target in frozen ground but that doesn't stop the chip lots or ground tire playgrounds hunting, and parks and ball field just become places to change to grass scratching ( scraping out the surface finds in the top of the roots ) rather than digging or coin popping. Winter brings on the sledding hill hunting and if the snow on them ends your hunts quick you can always come back in the spring and clean them up. never give up, never surrender! HHS Ed in co.

When winter hits I head for the woods. Best time for that, as the ground often isn't frozen due to tree cover or ground debree compared to mowed grass being frozen. Less brush/weeds, no bugs. Can see further for signs of old activity due to the lack of leaves/weeds/etc. Spring and fall I old park or open land hunt. Heat of summer I'll land hunt under shade trees, but often now go water hunting then. Winter? Time for the woods.

Since I live in South Carolina I can go most days. Of course I might have to wear long underwear on those cooler days. In fact I spent a couple hours today hunting for a neighbors ring that some thugs stole and when they were caught they claimed they thought that it was junk and tossed it in his yard. So far I have not been able to find the ring but I will give it another try.