Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time to hold my tongue....picking apart posts isn't one of my personal favorite things

Elmy

It is time for me to stop posting things as pocket spills and all things now seem to be different for different people...when they say multi frequency...the modern nox has a multi mode...the dfx has best data....fbs and bbs run in multiple frequencies and I am old and outdated also....so it is all up to the others to work it all out....I am done trying.

Elmy,
Just stay with what you know and let the rest go. You have been a lot of help with the E-Trac and your coin cleaning. I know for sure you have been a help to me with both subjects and I would guess a lot of people have made a lot of notes from what you post. So just stay focused on what you have and want to work with and let somebody else be the guru of the other types of equipment. You can't do it all. You still need to do some detecting.
Now you know me and I don't do everything you say with the E-Trac but I do use a lot that works for me and you have been a big help even if I bug you to death with questions.
For coin cleaning I will be using 100% of your info and I am still looking for that 2 drum tumbler to get started on cleaning all of my old dirty finds. Looks like this may be winter time project.

So just pick your circle and stay in it. You don't need to make it a full time job helping people.
My plan is to get that new tumbler and just give you a report of how it is going. Who knows I may even have a few pictures after I get started.
As for the E-Trac I got it running pretty hot and only have a few more hunts before winter sets in. So I hope to have a few more silvers to show off before hunting season is done here in WV.

Even if you never make anther post with help you have done way more than most. We are the takers and you have been the giver.

Now do some detecting and show us your finds.

Ron in WV

Ditto

You have the right spirit Elmy. The guys who have been doing this awhile who have had those “a-ha” moments and get EXCITED about what they have eventually found...they want to share their findings with others. I don’t even go hunting anymore without my GoPro running, in case I run across a situation that might be HELPFUL to someone. Why? I’m not quite sure. Part of it might have to do with getting recognized by the greater community for simply being a very good hunter with hard earned accumulated skill, part of it is ego by itself, part of it is sharing in the excitement of discovery. EVERY time I find a ballfield that is at least from the 30’s, I wind up doing very well with 8-10” coins. EVERY time. Why? Does someone think that these places haven’t been hunted hundreds of times before? Trust me, that’s not the case! But when we do this, and do it REPETITIVELY....we want to convey those experiences, because whatever WE are doing is obviously above and beyond what went on in the past. Better technology...knowing WHAT to listen for...(THE biggest obstacle for a newer deep coin hunter) knowing a deep coin from an iron false....it is DIFFICULT to go to ANY public land and have success. When we do, and especially if we can do it again and again, we like to pass on our methods, our thoughts, our SKILL to others because we get a certain pleasure out of being that “well” that might give others that boost that might improve their experience...it might even keep them in the damn game. Are we killing ourselves doing this sometimes? Yep. But I wouldn’t have it any other way, and neither would you. People can take what they need and leave the rest, if anything good comes of it, you’ve advanced the hobby by exactly that much.

You have the right spirit Elmy. The guys who have been doing this awhile who have had those “a-ha” moments and get EXCITED about what they have eventually found...they want to share their findings with others. I don’t even go hunting anymore without my GoPro running, in case I run across a situation that might be HELPFUL to someone. Why? I’m not quite sure. Part of it might have to do with getting recognized by the greater community for simply being a very good hunter with hard earned accumulated skill, part of it is ego by itself, part of it is sharing in the excitement of discovery. EVERY time I find a ballfield that is at least from the 30’s, I wind up doing very well with 8-10” coins. EVERY time. Why? Does someone think that these places haven’t been hunted hundreds of times before? Trust me, that’s not the case! But when we do this, and do it REPETITIVELY....we want to convey those experiences, because whatever WE are doing is obviously above and beyond what went on in the past. Better technology...knowing WHAT to listen for...(THE biggest obstacle for a newer deep coin hunter) knowing a deep coin from an iron false....it is DIFFICULT to go to ANY public land and have success. When we do, and especially if we can do it again and again, we like to pass on our methods, our thoughts, our SKILL to others because we get a certain pleasure out of being that “well” that might give others that boost that might improve their experience...it might even keep them in the damn game. Are we killing ourselves doing this sometimes? Yep. But I wouldn’t have it any other way, and neither would you. People can take what they need and leave the rest, if anything good comes of it, you’ve advanced the hobby by exactly that much.
WOW...Now that is why we do it.....we do not hide it....we share it....we get picked at....made fun of ....and ridiculed at times.....and still come back with help for others....
IDXMonster...that is one great write up...just what we all need to hear to keep on doing what we hope all are doing.

New on the forums but truer words were never said!!:twodetecting:

WOW...Now that is why we do it.....we do not hide it....we share it....we get picked at....made fun of ....and ridiculed at times.....and still come back with help for others....
IDXMonster...that is one great write up...just what we all need to hear to keep on doing what we hope all are doing.
New here but have lurked your posts for years. Made me and others I'm sure better at what we do!!:twodetecting:

The only thing that might make Elmy a bit more tasty would be ketchup, just saying........ lol

The only thing that might make Elmy a bit more tasty would be ketchup, just saying........ lol
Yes....That is a very secret sauce that I use all the time on everything !!!
I guess I can bring this secret out....especially at the start of another season....guys, this works on any coin, or jewelry....gold, silver, copper, nickel, brass ...give it a try.
Everything I find goes into a small pill bottle1/4 full of ketchup... when I get home I just rinse it all off with water and I have amazing coins to post , IF I WANT TOO.
It is the best way to clean a coin out in the field !

Last edited:
Its a 99% success rate too!

Its a 99% success rate too!
yep...it really works well , while you detect....I had a portable tumbler that I hooked up to the truck to use that is just lying around now doing nothing.
That Elmy's secret sauce eliminated the use of it out in the field. Those old red nickels come out so shiny when you rinse them off !
No rubbing....no scrubbing....no toothpicks !

Last edited:
yep...it really works well , while you detect....I had a portable tumbler that I hooked up to the truck to use that is just lying around now doing nothing.
That Elmy's secret sauce eliminated the use of it out in the field. Those old red nickels come out so shiny when you rinse them off !
No rubbing....no scrubbing....no toothpicks !
I’m duly impressed.I love recipes like that..

I’m duly impressed.I love recipes like that..
the date on this large cent had the secret sauce on it....check it out..... the lower right one

Attachments

• 1612732399562.jpg
    1612732399562.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 131
Yes....That is a very secret sauce that I use all the time on everything !!!
I guess I can bring this secret out....especially at the start of another season....guys, this works on any coin, or jewelry....gold, silver, copper, nickel, brass ...give it a try.
Everything I find goes into a small pill bottle1/4 full of ketchup... when I get home I just rinse it all off with water and I have amazing coins to post , IF I WANT TOO.
It is the best way to clean a coin out in the field !
Sure wished I had & used that INFO when I was detecting from 1980's to the early 2000's--I cleaned coins the harder ways & ruined many when I first started detecting--Detect & learn was my training! Ma