Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TimeRanger Ground Balance!!

ikandigit

Hi,I was wondering if I have got it straight,....The LandRanger Has Both manual and auto. Ground Balance, But The TimeRanger Just Has Auto. Ground Balance??????????????

No...They both have both Auto Tune (Ground-Tr ac), and Manual Ground Balance. Only Difference between the 2 models is the Time Ranger's SNIFF mode...I have posted the most recent Bounty Hunter Catalog and Price list on the site here...

Page2.jpg

Page7.jpg

2007MSRP.jpg

Page8.jpg

Hope this helps,

BH-LandStar

Thaks BH-LandStar,..good looking out!!,..I should recieve my TimeRanger,with all three available coils,CarryBag{New},BH-Headphones{NIB},Sometime next week!!,Cant Wait!.I Only had to shell out $350.00,Alot less than Others I"ve seen on E-Bay.,And I get All The Goodies That come with It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I wanna know where ya got a Time Ranger for that price???? Heck I might trade in my Land Star...Seriously!!!

LandStar

I dont think the bounty hunters really ground track,as to change the ground balance..As some might think..They are pre-set ground balance with a ground balance override.And that is in the all-metal mode.The 3300 ground balance would effect ground balance in both modes.
I dont even think the T2 ground tracks.
PaulWV

If it does not, then I guess we can all sue First Texas Product for false advertising???, but I fear you might be right...It is the reason I cannot turn my sensitivity up beyond say 10 o'clock without the detector going nutso...if it truely ground tracked, should I not be able to turn the detector up full blast and have the Ground-Trac adjust so I do NOT get false signals???

Land Star

:detecting:No,This has been going on for years by alot of different manufacturers.Its not false just not the complete truth.Like when you see the minilab pictures of the 17 or 28 freq.looks like it will go 17 or 28 times deeper than one freq. but not true.I remember a big misunderstanding about VLF discrimination years back.It's all for sales
PaulWV.

And they don't tell anyone that the detector doesn't USE all of those frequencies. I've read that only 3 (the detector picks which 3) are used. ..Willy.

most BH have a preset in the disc. mode and a ground trac feature in the all metal mode, which is basicly a grab feature. when you do your ground balancing at first in the all metal mode the detector takes a reading of the ground conditions and nulls them. then after that its just a matter of hiting the ground trac button, to take care of any little changes in the ground mineralization. the t2 has the ground grab feature which you have to do because it affects both modes.i dont know of any BH line that has a truely automatic ground balance. when they say automatic they really mean preset. but dont let that get you down, because on machines that have truely automatic ground balance, the TID does not seem to be as accurate. this is why i believe this is so. the machines with AGB have to constantly be adjusting in ground that is changing, this changing value affects how the detector is seeing whats in the ground. so when the detector is a preset, that never changes so the detector is not trying to read two things at the same time. to put it another way its ground balance is always shifting which can affect how accurate the ID is. so i personally like the preset better than the automatic, and the one that i like the best is the manual. there is a plus to the automatic, that is in really highly mineralized ground. in this type of ground a preset will not work that good, and the manual will drive you nuts adjusting it all the time. also in this type of ground you will most likely be operating in the all metal mode, and digging everything. TID machines dont like this type of ground either. so hunting in most of this country the preset works great, and allows you to do more hunting and less messing with your detector and if you want control over the ground balance you can hunt in the all metal mode. happy hunting.:detecting: