Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiny gold in scoop

sdesic

Finally water warmed up few degrees and I used wet suit for the first time this year.
That revealed another problem ... I am not heavy enough to stay on bottom and detect
when in deeper water... had no strenght to push in scoop in 5 feet of water.
Short hunt ... 2 hours in water ... water temp about 72F.

Got this gold earring and few coins.
Bling heart is copper.
[attachment 331516 DSC08750.JPG]
[attachment 331517 DSC08752.JPG]

More in [video]https://youtu.be/Eo40AfvsBBU[/video]

Thanks, it is gold and stones :)

Excellent!
Tiny gold is tougher to find than big gold.
You can increase your depth range with a wet suit by using a weight belt.
The more lead, the deeper you can get :crazy:

Regards Kossie

Small gold ... faint signals ... my scoop has smaller holes (8mm)
My friend who is diver says that I have no experience diving so a bit dangerous.
I would be walking on the bottom pinned with detector and scoop ... with lead on belt.
For my weight about 5 kg of lead

Glad you got out and did some detecting and found some gold. Tiny gold is better than no gold.

Diving requires a different weight trim than wading. For diving a little more weight is needed than for suspending. For wading more pressure (or gravitational force) is preferable for pushing your scoop into the ground. A diving belt with a quick release buckle is indispensable for both activities.

Regards, Kossie

Finally water warmed up few degrees and I used wet suit for the first time this year.
That revealed another problem ... I am not heavy enough to stay on bottom and detect
when in deeper water... had no strenght to push in scoop in 5 feet of water.
Short hunt ... 2 hours in water ... water temp about 72F.

Got this gold earring and few coins.
Bling heart is copper.
[attachment 331516 DSC08750.JPG]
[attachment 331517 DSC08752.JPG]

More in [video]
Two Words I hate to hear...MORE LEAD.I'm around 135#Pds,@ 5'8''.And 18 Pounds won't hold me down!...I think my Bones are hollow....stoneshirt

Two Words I hate to hear...MORE LEAD.I'm around 135#Pds,@ 5'8''.And 18 Pounds won't hold me down!...I think my Bones are hollow....stoneshirt
135 lbs??????????? That's just plain UnAmerican!!! ;)