Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tips for a Silver

Any tips for a Silver

Thank you Mike, I will check his posts.

Want maximum performance? Hunt in the a/m mode (which has a small amount of iron mineral reject) and switch to minimum disc. to recheck.
Want gold rings? Use minimum disc.. The smaller gold rings go out right before iron reject.
Want most coins and larger rings? Right before the foil icon gives the "trash talk" characteristics for small nuisance trash.
High tab area? Set disc level to where tabs are a "clipped" signal. Will find coins near or UNDER the tabs and zinc-level gold rings.
Want notch feature? Mark spot where tabs noticeably break up and mark this spot. Now hunt in either foil discriminate or just below nickels. When you get a signal, rotate the knob to this marked point (only a short distance) and :If the signal disappears-nickel region. If it breaks up-possible tab.And if it still gives a signal-coin area.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips slingshot, my detector is in transit by UPS now and with any luck I will have it before the weekend. I bought this for a buddy detector but I am curious to see if it works as well as I have read about on forums. Does it make a big difference to use headphones with this detector?
Thanks, Deusdigger. :thumbup: