Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tips on buying used V3i

dauff

I am interested in purchasing a used V3i and would like some tips on what to look for and what to ask. Does anyone know is the warranty transferrable? I've heard mention a reset code, what is that?

More tips would be appreciated.

anything left of Two years is transferable to the new owner if its older then two years there is no transfer left. Other then that make sure it looks nice no dings or breaks etc and that it works OK you should be OK good luck on your buy and have fun
Don

Both were out of warranty but I had no qualms buying. Both units I purchased used worked perfectly. I still have one of them.

I do believe if less than 2 years old and under warranty, the warranty transfers.

First thing is to make sure the seller is reputable if it is a private owner. Most all on the major forums are good guys n gals so there should not be any issues. Sponors/dealers have good deals as well and will always be on the up and up.

Next is get pictures to make sure the unit is in the shape the seller says it is.

Call Whites to verify serial number and if you do buy it, let them know. Whites likes to update their database with the most current owner info.

Whites service is excellent and reasonably priced so if there is any out of warranty work to be done, it won't break the bank.

The reset process is pretty simple if you want to reset all the programs back to factory spec. The other reset process has more steps as it allows you to change the name in memory from the past owner (if they went through that process), to your own name and info. Whites can walk you through that or as someone posted, there are outlined steps in either the Whites forum or other forums.

Production year, inside the battery box door, a 2008 vs a 2017 would be a price difference

Make sure to ask if it an original V3i and not an upgraded vision v3...