Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TIPS SHEET for Teknetics G2?

Giantprawn60

Hi guys,

I just thought we could have a topic/thread where everyone could put the settings they use on their land. Ideally we would put for example:
Type of hunting: Coin
Type of land:Ploughed field
-All Metal or Disc: Disc
-Land mineralisation(Ground balance): 75
-Gain:85
-Disc:39

It could give all G2 owners good tips to try on land that matches others' GB.
What do you think?

I think if you read over this forum..ya kinda get an idea of the finds being made...

But hey .if everyone wants to share their settings for their dirt ... I'll read the posts..

i think the beauty of the G2 is that there is little to adjust. 99% of the time I am hunting 100% gain and disc at 40. AM drives me crazy but does go deeper...I just can't handle it. In iron nail beds I lower disc to 31-32 and just found out that gain in that environment MUST be lowered or you get high tones (falses) on ALL iron...even small.The biggest secret I have found is that with time the audio alone tells you good or junk...even as a digital machine good targets sound smooth and mellow..trash like aluminum sounds more raw. And listen for the soft whispers.

Hi all.
Here in the uk my G2 balances in between 43 to 57. I always run at full sensitivity and have never felt the need to reduce, even in my most iron contaminated sites. Descrimination is always set at 30 and no more, the tiny cut quarters and cut half hammereds on edge can read as low as 37 so dont want to be missing those and believe me this machine doesnt, loves the tiny stuff. The G2 has an uncanny way of letting you know the target beneath is modern junk metal, can only explain it as a slight zip as opposed to a crisp hit, I dig all signals regardless but it is always junk modern metal on the zip. As mentioned above, listen for the faint signals these are usually the winners. This machine love a fast sweep which suits my style to a tee, go over an iffy signal slow then speed up the swing, you will see what I mean. I have been detecting for over 25 years and have had and have countless machines but this machine is a real wolf in sheeps clothing, my go to machine for all occasions, can even detect the wet sand if beach detecting is your thing, say no more. Forget all those who go on about depth, this machine gets plenty, I have dug victorian pennies on pasture at nigh on twelve inches with a good repeatable signal and if you want more depth get yourself an Ultimate coil, turns this machine into a depth beast. Put it this way, my T2 is just gathering dust which is a shame as it is a great machine in its own right but honestly the G2 out performs it and runs almost silent whilst doing so. Hope this helps
Mike

OK I go first then:

Type of hunting: Coin/Relic
Type of land: Pasture with sheep
-All Metal or Disc: Disc
-Land mineralisation(Ground balance): 44
-Gain:90
-Disc:39

Finds:
Some weird copper/brass bits (piping?)
2 silver six pence coins at 6-7 inches
6 copper coins unidentified at between 3-8 inches
2 small buttons: 1 flat one and 1 "normal" at about 6 inches

sekypaleo said:
i think the beauty of the G2 is that there is little to adjust. 99% of the time I am hunting 100% gain and disc at 40. AM drives me crazy but does go deeper...I just can't handle it. In iron nail beds I lower disc to 31-32 and just found out that gain in that environment MUST be lowered or you get high tones (falses) on ALL iron...even small.The biggest secret I have found is that with time the audio alone tells you good or junk...even as a digital machine good targets sound smooth and mellow..trash like aluminum sounds more raw. And listen for the soft whispers.

I'm glad I read this before my first hunt. Really helped with the false high tone pings on iron. Easy to tell with audio it wasn't a good object. Cannot believe the unmasking ability and how hard it hits even with 11" coil on super small items. If the sound is round, dig!

Found a little old Avon silver and gold plate ring that the Omega could not hear due to masking. two pieces of iron and piece of old beaver tail in same hole. Only hit one way on the G2 even. Right in that low zinc range 72-74.

Searching in Germany
Type of hunting: relics
Type of land: Farmland, Forest, Pasture
-All Metal or Disc: both
-Land mineralisation(Ground balance): 38-45
-Gain: 100
-Disc: 0-21 ("interesting" iron objects)
Coil: stock 11"/ NEL Tornado
Finds: brass/bronze items, lead, tin-soldiers, musketballs, ww2 relics, coins
Deepest object with G2 was a medieval horseshoe at
15"
Now my Omega is the second choice for me.
I wait for the deliver of the 5" DD ;)

I run my G2 with full sensitivity and a discrimination setting of 40 or 50 at trashy sites. Some of my deepest finds have been with the G2 using the 11 inch DD coil.

I laugh every time I hear someone regurgitate "the G2 is no depth demon". Maybe theirs is broke, because mine goes really deep with a good ID.

I've been hoping for a G2 with a least 3 audio tones. May the F19 is that new puppy?

tabman

My Gold Bug Pro (same brains as the G2) picked up such tiny things that my pinpointer can't or is very hard to find. I found raising the disc to 45 knocks out the SVT's (sub visual targets) I just made that up! :rofl: Mine goes deep as well with proper ID. 100% sens. Your not going to get a strong signal on a 8+ inch target unless it's a large cal bullet, nickel etc... You really have to listen to the faint signals that some simply pass over or don't hear. (Headphones are a must) I actually sold my personal GBP so I could have more money to bring in more F19's. I really miss that machine! I've been told the F19's performance is exactly like the G2 and GBP's but with more added user features. I deffinately could use the notch and back light feature for sure. This is going to make this machine so versitile. You'll be able to go from the salt beach to the gold fields and coin hunt in between. I hope one day they make it waterproof!

very good information on a great machine...I do hope the F19 type version of the G2 step up will have a VOLUME CONTROL!!
that's not asking for to much for the price point I hope.....