Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Titianium Ring found and returned to owner

Gold Nuggets

Several days ago, I got a call from a person that had lost his wedding ring at a local lake...... just off the boat ramp.....in about 3-4 feet of water...
with a silty bottom. After settling on a time and a place to begin the hunt, RON(OR) and I took a 70 + mile drive to Waldo Lake which is in
the Willamette National Forrest to meet up with Matt. I don't have a water detector so I asked Ron to help with his Excalibur.....and he was up for
the challenge.
Matt was waiting for us and we almost immediately went to the boat ramp where the ring had been lost, but we first had to spray everything with mosquito repellent as the little buggers were very thick and hungry!! First time in my life I had ever seen a mosquito stick his/her beek into my arm and THEN LAND!!
Ron got into the water, turned on the Excal and started searching the bottom while I manned the digital camera and Matt was pacing back and forth.
After about 5-6 passes we all heard a loud tone that sounded like a big coin. Ron located the sound, waited for the silt to settle, then scooped up some
of the botton silt and checked the hole. No sound so the item was in the scoop. There it was!!!! A beautiful 16 gram Titanium Wedding ring. Ron handed it
to Matt, who was so excited that I thought he would fall into the lake. We had a good, successful hunt and thanks to Ron for the use of his water
machine and expertise. Thanks for looking and enjoy the pictures. HH Gold Nuggets:wiggle:

Nice going Gold Nuggets.:clapping: I have managed to return one class ring and a Rose Bowl ring to their owners and I can't think of any better gratification then to see the look on their faces when you hand their ring back to them. I have another class ring from 1916 that is well worn and I haven't been able to find out what school it came from. Again, nice going on finding that ring for the owner. HH.

Eddie

Thanks guys.......
It was a great feeling to return the ring to the owner,
and to see the look on his face and to feel his hand-
shake of thanks. I'm glad we had the opportunity to
do this for him....
Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Gold Nuggetts that was a nice thing you did. I wish we would have more like you in our hobby.

It's fun to find a lost item for someone and then return it to them since this puts a HUGE + on our hobby. It's rewarding just in finding these items and it makes a person feel good about themselves also when they return the item since the owner is happier than a kid in a candy store. Terrific Post Gold Nuggets. And thanks for the help on retrieving that Ring Ron(OR). Good Luck and HH to you both.:detecting:

good deeds do not go un -noticed. I hear a lot about karma and I believe you have some good karma heading your way.
Good going and nice hunting