Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To Buy or Not to Buy?

corvair

Guys. Been lurking here for several weeks now, reading about your hunts, viewing videos and photos from hunts as well as searching and reviewing You tube etc.., for information on the XP Deus.
So far I have been pretty impressed but need some "pushing" to get me over the edge to buy one.

I am the current owner of a Whites V3i and a Fisher F75 Ltd. The Whites I absolutely love and have been very successful in finding coins, gold jewelry and at depth I might add. I will not get rid of the Whites.
The Fisher F75 is an excellent detector but I would part with it. I offered it as trade on a new XP Deus and can get quite a deal if I go for it.

My reservations on the Deus are the following:
1) What happens when I need service? Turn around time? I know there is a US authorized repair facility.
2) What is the life expectancy of the batteries, coil,control unit and headphones.
3) I like the WS5 headphone's the best, what do you think?
4) I understand the 11 inch coil is just a few ounces heavier than the 9 inch. Which coil would you choose? I hunt all types of areas, low trash, high trash, Parks, fields etc..,
5) What is the balance like with either coil above?

Things I like:
1) Very light weight
2) Firmware upgrade capability.
3) Multi Freq. shift ability.
4) Total wireless technology(I am really spoiled with the wireless headphones on the Whites V3i).
5) Build quality.
6) Can be water proof with the proper accessories.
7) Depth above average. The F75 excels at depth, my Whites V3i might not be in same league but I have had very good luck on deep targets with my settings.

Help push me along so I will quit waffling and anguishing over what to do. Thanks guys.

Would suggest to buy... As you said there are some very good qualities.

I can answer some of your questions.

1) What happens when I need service? Turn around time? I know there is a US authorized repair facility. Turn around is extremely quick and what happens depends on the issue but average is two days or less
2) What is the life expectancy of the batteries, coil,control unit and headphones. Guys are still hunting with the same batteries for 5 years now
3) I like the WS5 headphone's the best, what do you think? The WS5 are nice but I would recommend the WS4s and purchasing a set of after market headphones (such as Grayghost or Vance Muffs) with the adapter for versatily.
4) I understand the 11 inch coil is just a few ounces heavier than the 9 inch. Which coil would you choose? I hunt all types of areas, low trash, high trash, Parks, fields etc.., My choice would be the 9 inch coil for what you are telling me you are hunting in.
5) What is the balance like with either coil above? Both the 11 inch and the 9 inch coil are well balanced

Hope this helps
"Experience the Thrill of Uncovering Lost Treasure!"

I have had mine for a few months now.... and I am JUST starting to get a handle on it. That being said, I love it.. It has shown me performance that was heretofore not know to me.. Fields of nails and trash... I am actually looking forward to them.

We are heading into my prime season right now.. so it will only get better, I hope.

I have the 11 inch coil (It came with the machine¨ I just bought a 9 inch.. and everything that i have read indicates that a 9 is more than sifficient for most all purposes.

i have the WS5s...I love them too... If i have any complaint about them it is that , when it rains,I must cover them up (I have ordered the waterproof kit.... so that point may be moot) But they are comfortable without being suffocating on the ears.

Balance and weight...... to die for.

Cannot address the service issue.. have not needed it.

Hope this helps in some small way

Micheal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUniYW1waM

You will have no problem understanding the programing get the 9" coil to start with. Very light detector great in iron great at parks. You will dig more and more of it will be junk but you will also be able to find more relics and coins that are being masked. If you think it is a detector that will be the detector of all detectors then you may be disapointed. It is going to make you dig more but for the most part it is better to dig then not hear the target in iron or trash. Headphones I'm using my Uniprobe the best PI probe and the best sound.

All good responses. I think the real issue is how much cash you will have to put up to get the Deus. If you're getting close to what you have in the F75 it's a no brainer to me. Figure it's going to cost you $250 to update the 75 which is the only way I'd consider keeping it. In all honesty the 75 with the 11" swings better than the Deus with 11" coil because of the balance but it's a fine point of distinction. The info you get from the Deus in terms of tones and visuals is better than the 75 but not up to the V3 by a long shot which is why I keep migrating back to my Minelabs instead of the Deus when it really counts.

You have to be a bit of a button puncher to use the V3i so you'll love that on the Deus but be prepared to some extra digging.

I know exactly where you are coming from. In the past couple of years I've owned two Vx3s, a F75se, and most recently, a V3i. I had the same questions and concerns. I took the plunge and sold the V3i to help fund the Deus. My thoughts were that any company that can offer a five year warranty on their product must be pretty darned confident in its quality and durability. Have you seen the Deus thrash/test video? It's pretty durable. I've heard no issues of premature battery life, and very little of warranty problems/failures. As for performance, well... I can honestly say that the Deus is hands down the best detector in iron I've ever used. I now mainly field hunt old home sites, and they are filled with iron, so I opted for the 9" coil and an very happy with the results. My deepest (non ferrous) find so far has been a copper door jam 1"x2"x1/8" thick at a solid 14". It gave a clear, albeit softer signal. I regularly dig Indians at 6" to 8" with solid hits, and recently a half dime at 6"-7". I have the ws4 headphones and although they feel flimsy, I have had no issues with them. Plus they will allow me to use my killer b's! Keep the V for cherry pickin' as I feel the Spectra has the market cornered for id capability, but you will find yourself using the Deus for everything else!

I say if your anyplace near me DO NOT BUY, I do not need any competition!

LOL

Deus is great, shop around, expect a learning curve, but can switch on and go.....

Jim

Thank you guys for all the great replies. Just the "nudge" I needed. Deer gun season is coming up here in Indiana so I probably won't do the deal for another week or so.
I was told to call and we could work out the trade and purchase. I may swing the 9 and 11 coils and see how they feel, then decide. But probably just go with the 9 as most have mentioned.

Maybe get the 11 coil later. Once I get things wrapped up on the purchase and get the Deus in my hands I'll let everyone know. Thanks again!

The 11 inch coil doesnt weigh a fraction more than the 9 inch.They may be almost identical. I went with an 11 for the overall gain in coverage and depth.You will get a couple inches deeper with the 11 inch. Air test comparison Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh09UtN7YOE

corvair said:
Guys. Been lurking here for several weeks now, reading about your hunts, viewing videos and photos from hunts as well as searching and reviewing You tube etc.., for information on the XP Deus.
So far I have been pretty impressed but need some "pushing" to get me over the edge to buy one.

I am the current owner of a Whites V3i and a Fisher F75 Ltd. The Whites I absolutely love and have been very successful in finding coins, gold jewelry and at depth I might add. I will not get rid of the Whites.
The Fisher F75 is an excellent detector but I would part with it. I offered it as trade on a new XP Deus and can get quite a deal if I go for it.

1) What happens when I need service? Turn around time? I know there is a US authorized repair facility.
2) What is the life expectancy of the batteries, coil,control unit and headphones.
4) I understand the 11 inch coil is just a few ounces heavier than the 9 inch. Which coil would you choose? I hunt all types of areas, low trash, high trash, Parks, fields etc..,

Things I like:
1) Very light weight
2) Firmware upgrade capability.
3) Multi Freq. shift ability.
4) Total wireless technology(I am really spoiled with the wireless headphones on the Whites V3i).
5) Build quality.
6) Can be water proof with the proper accessories.
7) Depth above average. The F75 excels at depth, my Whites V3i might not be in same league but I have had very good luck on deep targets with my settings.

Help push me along so I will quit waffling and anguishing over what to do. Thanks guys.

Things I like:
1) Very light weight.................It is very light!
2) Firmware upgrade capability...................Easily done in minutes!
3) Multi Freq. shift ability................On the fly!
4) Total wireless technology(I am really spoiled with the wireless headphones on the Whites V3i)................I love my WS4's on most days but my Grey Ghost are most excellent!
5) Build quality.....................Excellent ergonomics on this machine and takes a brush beating from my experience!
6) Can be water proof with the proper accessories....................Yes even though I have no desire to go submersible with the whole unit!
7) Depth above average. The F75 excels at depth, my Whites V3i might not be in same league but I have had very good luck on deep targets with my settings....................I am finding targets easily 8" or better!

I needed that push too. If not for the fact I found a dealer that had display store models sold as brand new with full 5 year warranty with the $100 free accessories for over $250 off I would still be salivating wanting one! Take the plunge!

NiagracountyNY said:
The 11 inch coil doesnt weigh a fraction more than the 9 inch.They may be almost identical. I went with an 11 for the overall gain in coverage and depth.You will get a couple inches deeper with the 11 inch. Air test comparison Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh09UtN7YOE

NY is right. I wanted the 11" even though I could have gone with a 9". Larger coverage area on the swing and is very well balanced. I have not swung a 9" on same targets side by side to give that expert opinion Only that the 11" is finding the smallest of finds, and deep too!

I have the V3i and it cannot find the relics I find in heavy iron. The Deus is amazing