Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To Cal Cobra.....Soil and Racer's TID problems......TheMarshall

TheMarshall

Hi There. Cal.

I'm just trying to untangle the debate regarding Racer's TID problems, from the original V3- F75 post.

I may be wrong in assuming the quote below belongs to your good self. My apologies if I'm mistaken.

Bold statements for someone who probably hasn't a clue as to the complex mineralized nature of Northern California soil and how it affects TID processing, add to that the depths that we typically need to obtain to detect older coins and text book perfect detecting scenarios can be thrown out.

Cal....... I note your comments, and thanks for your opinions.

I would appreciate it if you can give me the data that you consider is representative of typical North Californian soils, for you are correct in the assumption that I don't know the specific mineral composition of your particular QTH in North Californian, so if you will, please share your knowledge on the subject.

As a scientific person, I admittedly have a more pragmatic approach to the physics of the hobby than the average detectorist, but I make no apologies to for that.

Your post correctly reminded forum readers of the important effect soil mineralisation has on modifying the TID of a target whilst in the ground. That was the essence of my provocative post

As this post is most likely none of my business but I don't mind butting in. With all of this high tech. talk with ground conditions and so on and ect., ect. I find it amazing that a dumb kind of guy like me can take the V turn it on make a few adjustments and go out and every once in a while find some real good stuff. Some of it's deep some not. I dig good repeatable targets and dig a lot of iffy targets too. I have some finds that others say they are envious of. I dig up a lot of trash too. I feel some of you guys try way to hard and make this hobby hard and what seems like more work then fun. I believe more then ever that a few of you guys don't have any time on a detector. I say go out and buy one of these machines read the manual and go out and find some stuff and have some fun.

Funny..I was thinking the exact same thing. I am not tech savy at all, infact I'll agree the V3 is more than I need but I love the challenge of being able to always learn something new about this machine. Its gonna take me a long time to figure everything out and then I still wont be using it to its full potential. I do have to say though without this forum and all you "technical" guys, I would'nt be doing as well as I am.
Thanks guys!

Your welcome post Nigred, is evidence of the wide audience of opinions in this fascinating hobby.
You shouldn't let the fact that others have different levels of interest, intrude on your enjoyment.
There surely must be more to this hobby than that of simply digging coins and trash.
Researching history, to improve ones mind and the enjoyment of detecting, is no different than researching the equipment we use.

I am curious as to why those who wish to remain ignorant, should feel compelled to promote it as a virtue.
As the old saying goes "Ignorance is bliss". So to those contented people I say, please enjoy yourself, and leaves those who differ, to suffer in their pursuit of learning.

You probably enjoy just driving your car, whilst others revel in understanding the workings of the engine etc....so what's the big deal in having different ways of appreciating the common commodity?

As for your other comments..

I'll lay a bet that you weren't even born when I first used a metal detector.

Even after many years in the hobby, and despite the 'knockers', I still enjoy it. That enjoyment is complemented by learning what makes detectors tick.

I believe there are many people with a deeper interest in the hobby's' workings, who read the forums, but are deterred from posting,

mostly by the childish nonsenses.that has driven many mature hobbyists away from these sites. ................TheMarshall.

Do you ever actualy go out into the field and look for things? And if you do what do you find? If I had the wealth of many hundreds of years of history as close by as you do to search for I would be posting a lot of great finds.Just curious ,Ray.

Ray-Mo. said:
Do you ever actualy go out into the field and look for things? And if you do what do you find? If I had the wealth of many hundreds of years of history as close by as you do to search for I would be posting a lot of great finds.Just curious ,Ray.

Yep, So much info and he never goes out I bet. It's like a guy who goes to med school and calls himself a Dr. and never had a patient

Well Iv ben in this Great Hobby for 22 years and have a V3 after a Lot of Whites Detectors and I teach my
Whites Dealer on the V-3 Iv had the V-3 sence Day 1 and i learn and get in to the Tec stuff of the Hobby,
But i see it Like this , If somebody wants to just scheme the surface of the Tec stuff more Power to theam,
Have a Nice x-Mas N a New Year , Mickfin

I weather is getting bad and some of us have too much time on our hands. Hey it would be a good time for us to get back to delve into to the finer points of the V3. I'm ready, let's play nice. Rob

Just got done doin just that, gonna be postin my finds in a minute...