Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

to my fellow white's dealers,none of the rest of you look,ok?

jim central mo

this is probably not the best place to bring this up but it i find this a bit confusing.perhaps one of you(dealers that is)can explain how the new "shopper dollars" program benefits us, the local dealer.

Jim; Have you ever heard the question...What do I get with it? If White's did not give us promotions like the Shopper Dollars you would have to agonize with the problem how much of my profit am I going to have to give awawy to keep this guy from walking to anouther dealer. This way everyone gets pretty much the same deal. Set your machine price and everyone gets the same extras.I don't want to mention any names, but some Manufacturs give no Promotions at all. How do They help you out? Most do it by offering the dealer a good product at a fair price and a reasonable margin for profit. It is not about helping the Dealer as much as it is helping the customer. The customer is the key to every business. Keep the customer happy and the Dealer and the Factory profit.I have worked with some really bad suppliers. Very hard to deal with. I have yet to deal with any Metal Detector Supplier that is not extremly helpfull and cooperative. I think it's a great industry, and compared to most, it is far better.

it is a great industry and white's is very helpfull and easy to deal with.as with all promotions this one is designed to influence the customer to buy and that is good for customer and dealer alike.i asked the question prematurely as my thought was with shopper dollars in hand is the customer going to buy accessories from the dealer when he can get them direct from whites.well the answer seems to be not neccessarily.there are basics that you must have to use your new detector and i've not met anyone who was willing to wait up to six weeks for those basic items so they get them from the dealer and save the shopper dollars for the big ticket items like coils and pinpointers.so it seems once again we are all winners with white's and this facinating affliction we call metal detecting.

Well said Jim.I have been selling since I was 16 (now 64 )and I have never had so much fun and met so many nice people.Now, if we could only get White's to let us Peek in their R&D room and see what is coming next!!!!!!!