Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To those who wanted to know how well the XT's HF coils will hit on coins:

Mtnmn

Finally got around to taking the XT-70 out for an afternoon hunt today, while coin shooting with the 6" DD HF coil. To you newbies who were wondering how well Minelab's High Frequency coils will hit on coins, here are today's results: 12 pennies (only dig if reading similar to a dime), 2 of which were wheats including one from the teens (191?) which was in bad shape, 6 nickels, 12 dimes and 11 quarters including a "64" silver Washington. Didn't find any jewelry as I was searching around a couple of ball fields. Off hand I'd say the HF coils hit pretty good on coins and if it will hit on nickels, it will hit on gold. Sorry about not having any pictures, but still don't own a camera. Almost forgot to mention that I had gone over these two sites previously with the Safari and a friend with his XLT...