Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

to water hunt or not to water hunt

wannabe mdr

well this is my first year swinging...i bought an ace 250...and a cheap beach magnet bogo.....being not far from the lake Michigan shoreline and the chain of lakes there is a huge amount of fresh water beaches around ...anyhow I have been hunting a ton of beaches and have had great luck in the dry areas where people sit.....would it be worth my while to start hunting in the water with the beach magnet or should I sell that sucker and get another ace for backup????????? are there as many goodies in the water???????? any advice would be appreciated

There are a lot of lost treasures in the water, when people are in the cool water they are more likely to lose their rings and any other jewelry.

BCOOP

.... Yes .... ditto on what bcoop said.

I first ventured into the water with my Cibola, got about knee deep and got a couple of silver rings, fishing weights and a gold plated ring. I was hooked. Picked up a used CZ20 and went in deeper and got my first gold ring. Was a smaller 10k ring; but gold is gold.

You will also be adding a water scoop to the equipment list and when you get excited about getting into the water, probably a wet suit so you can go when it's cooler and the beach isn't crowded and get the goodies that were left behind.
tvr

There are some good links to waterproofing that ace 250 on here. Its a killer in the fresh!