Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To White's engineers..........Rumors persist........

cc8137

Posted on the Minelab Forum

Re: How Good is The New White's Vision? New
Posted by: bradley [ Send a Message ]
Date: March 21, 2009 07:34PM
there have been many people tell me that minelab makes the technology thats in whites detectors and they said minelab sells whites thier old technology dont know if its true or not but i called and asked minelab and they said it was true

OK, I would like to know from White's engineers if the above post "holds any water". Is Minelab selling technology to White's, Is the Vision a re-invented Minelab or are these just rumors from our competition to trample the Vision Technology ?

Hi,

Companies cross license technology to each other all the time. White's did license the multi-freq tech used in the Beachhunter ID and DFX from Minelab. Not sure if the Vision builds on that or not. What difference does it make? A unit either does what you want or it does not.

I sell Ski-Doo snowmobiles. They developed an electronic reverse system that eliminated the gearbox, etc. We were dismayed when Ski-Doo licensed it to our competition becaaue it was a real selling point. So now the other guys have it also. But Ski-Doo makes more money licensing it to others than sitting on it themselves. Does it mean anything to the person owning that other brand that their electronic reverse was licensed from Ski-Doo. Nope, not really.

It is just something some people want to twist into a negative. I'm sure more knowledgeable people will chime in about how basic patents held by some must be used by others to even create and sell a metal detector.

Steve Herschbach

Samsung was the inventor of the plasma TV, then licensed it to all the other competing companies. Competition actually helps, not hurts, even if the technology is the same or similar.

Steves post is dead on. Throughout manufacturing, patents are bought and sold as a commodity. Truth of the matter is there all all kinds of seemingly inconsequential pattents that are made for the sole purpose of having a petty corner on some new thread of development. At that point some money has to be paid to the pattent holder.You can bet that Minelab has paid Whites money and you can also bet that some battles have not been fought due to borderline infringement (amongst most manufacturers.) Anything can be twisted to a negative. Whatever anyone say's...that Vision is one monster machine. I took it out to a field (that I have been playing in for years) and I'll tell you, there is so much metal there that I had no idea even existed... and what came out that was in the good? 1876 Seated Dime, 1899 Barber Dime and a passle of Wheats. (Larry, your use of the Hi Pro program was great advise.) Was a great way to start my morning. (Proof was in the pudding (and not in the twist of the tale.)

Thanks for the post, It clears up a lot of questions. I believe now that the Minelab forum post were trying to create a negative aspect to the Vision. I appreciate the replies. Sometimes negative bashing is the greatest form of advertising.

I personally wish Whites had bought ML's FBS technology, a new Explorer with White's bells and whistles and that pretty color screen, forget about it. I'll take two.:thumbup:

No truth to that whatsoever. Vision is 100% White's technology, designed & manufactured in the USA.

NC is correct.

A word about Vision technology: White's does not have an agreement covering Vision technology with any person, company, organization or country. The Vision concept came directly from Ken White. All of the research, engineering, software, hardware, development and intellectual property are owned in total by White's Electronics Incorporated. Vision is the work-product of Design Engineers, John Plautz, Anne Kelly and Jeff Kelly, in consultation with John Earle, Allen Hibbner, Brian Huppy, Bob Canady and others, all directed by Engineering Manager, Carl Moreland.

As for our able competition, we are grateful for all of them, their efforts raise the bar and require new ideas to give our customers an exciting new product, exceptional performance...conceived, designed and produced, in the United States.

All of us at White's Electronics appreciate the Vision Forum and your responses. Your collective comments have been very helpful to the process of completing instructional manuals and DVDs. The Complete Owners Guide is in final edit, the Vision instructional DVD was finished on Friday and sent for production. The completed DVD should be on our web site next week. Providing you with the instruction material you paid for is job one, we are grateful for your patience.

Alan Holcombe
Corporate Manager
Whites Electronics

Hi Alan,

My thanks to you and all the fine people at White's for developing this game changing product. Better yet to hear it is 100% American product. Guess us yanks still have a trick or two up our sleeves!

Truly, this detector is a dream come true for this aging detector geek. Thanks again.

Steve Herschbach

aholcombe said:
NC is correct.

A word about Vision technology: White's does not have an agreement covering Vision technology with any person, company, organization or country. The Vision concept came directly from Ken White. All of the research, engineering, software, hardware, development and intellectual property are owned in total by White's Electronics Incorporated. Vision is the work-product of Design Engineers, John Plautz, Anne Kelly and Jeff Kelly, in consultation with John Earle, Allen Hibbner, Brian Huppy, Bob Canady and others, all directed by Engineering Manager, Carl Moreland.

As for our able competition, we are grateful for all of them, their efforts raise the bar and require new ideas to give our customers an exciting new product, exceptional performance...conceived, designed and produced, in the United States.

All of us at White's Electronics appreciate the Vision Forum and your responses. Your collective comments have been very helpful to the process of completing instructional manuals and DVDs. The Complete Owners Guide is in final edit, the Vision instructional DVD was finished on Friday and sent for production. The completed DVD should be on our web site next week. Providing you with the instruction material you paid for is job one, we are grateful for your patience.

Alan Holcombe

Thanks for all your hard work there at Whites. This is one sweet detector.

Jason
Corporate Manager
Whites Electronics

It's great having Carl(NC) and Bob and others with White's, or involved in the field work on the Vision, posting on the forums, but you've taken it to the upper-level with this post to clear things up for the inquisitive.

After three + years of home-built "Metal/Mineral Locators" my first factory-produced unit was a White's GhostTowner BFO in late '68. That was quite an eye-opener and a great step forward (for me). I feel like White's has done it again for me with the new Vision. :detecting: Oh, I'll still have one or two other White's for certain tasks, but the entire crew down there has done it again, and done it well. I, for one, applaud you and the rest for the efforts.

Thank You!!

Monte

Didn't mean ruff the feathers at White's. I was just a messenger. I appreciate the official White's response to this post. With a product such as the Vision, it will surely "ruff the feathers" of White's competitors.

nw1886 said:
Steves post is dead on. Throughout manufacturing, patents are bought and sold as a commodity. Truth of the matter is there all all kinds of seemingly inconsequential pattents that are made for the sole purpose of having a petty corner on some new thread of development. At that point some money has to be paid to the pattent holder.You can bet that Minelab has paid Whites money and you can also bet that some battles have not been fought due to borderline infringement (amongst most manufacturers.) Anything can be twisted to a negative. Whatever anyone say's...that Vision is one monster machine. I took it out to a field (that I have been playing in for years) and I'll tell you, there is so much metal there that I had no idea even existed... and what came out that was in the good? 1876 Seated Dime, 1899 Barber Dime and a passle of Wheats. (Larry, your use of the Hi Pro program was gr
eat advise.) Was a great way to start my morning. (Proof was in the pudding (and not in the twist of the tale.)
just wanted to say minelab owns the patent on multi freq so any company that uses more than one freq has to pay minelab, and the vision has 3 freqs.
also its false to say minelab has paid whites that is not true. i have owned whites detectors, and my wife has the XLT and she would not get rid of that detector for no amount of money. i went to minelab because the technology was far more advanced

You know what happened too the Messenger???????????

So you work for Minelab?? Are you a patent attorney??? Where do you get your absolute information?? Do you have any credentials to show us??? Get some one from Minelab here to speak about their patents and arrangements, otherwise it's just detector brand bashing. And by the way, I own both brands.

I'm seeing a lot of internet censorship on the subject of the new VISION. This has me wondering why Whites would demand such comments, reviews and opinions (and especially Observations on other websites) be removed immediately. Unnecessary comments on forums that are derogatory should always be moderated but this goes beyond moderation. Quite curious. Were statements made which cannot be substantiated ...or were someone's toes trodden on? Some of the posts which were pulled here were of a positive nature so I'm stumped.

Looks like we are seeing some brand-X users just trying to cause problems on the Vision forum. Doing their best to dampen the impact of the Vision on their user base perhaps?